Tonight’s NHL fixtures features a battle of the coasts with the New York Rangers at Los Angeles Kings for what is sure to be an exciting matchup, even if both teams have been struggling this year. Both the Rangers and Kings have experienced less than stellar seasons this year so far, and both will be looking to turn the tide with a win in this one. The Rangers come into the game off a big win against the Vegas Golden Knights, which saw them put five goals past Vegas backup goaltender Malcolm Subban. They will be looking to carrying on their winning streak but will they be able to in their second straight away game?
The Los Angeles Kings are currently ranked the worst team in the Western Conference and third worst in the entire league. While the team looks to be going through a tough time, a game against a struggling team from the Eastern Conference on the road seems like the perfect opportunity to pick up a win. So, who will win in this clash?
New York Rangers at Los Angeles Kings Predictions
Well, before we get into the predictions, here are some things you have to know about the Rangers and Kings:
- The New York Rangers come into this game with an overall record of 15-11-3. They are currently on a one game winning streak and have posted a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10. New York isn’t all that bad on the road with an overall record of 7-5-1 this season. As mentioned above, they didn’t struggle in their last game, winning 5-0 against the Golden Knights.
- Goaltender Henrik Lundqvist is projected to be starting this game for the Rangers. With him on the ice, New York has gone 7-6-2, meaning they are more likely to lose games when he plays. Lundqvist has post a goals against average of 3.21 and a save percentage of .910 this season so far.
- The Los Angeles Kings enter the game with a record of 11-18-2. They are currently on a four-game loss streak, which saw them narrowly miss a win against the Calgary Flames on the road. They are more likely to win at home than on the road, having posted a record of 9-6-1 at the Staples Center this year.
- Goaltender Jonathan Quick is expected to get the nod for Los Angeles in this matchup. He hasn’t had the best year, having posted a record of 7-12-1 when on the ice. He has also managed to post a goals against average of .24 and a save percentage of .884. If Quick doesn’t Campbell will, and he has got slightly better stats than Quick.
- Statistically, the teams seem to be evenly matched. Offensively, the New York Rangers lead in goals per game, power play percentage and shooting percentage. However, the Kings lead in shots on goal and faceoff percentage. Defensively, the Los Angeles Kings rank first in the league for shots on goal allowed and tenth for penalty minutes. The Rangers are pretty dismal defensively.
With all this said, here are our predictions for the New York Rangers at Los Angeles Kings:
- Moneyline – we think that the Rangers may take this on despite this being their second game on the road. They aren’t all that bad away from home and they seem to have a stronger offensive line-up than the Kings who really have been struggling.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 25-26
New York Rangers at Los Angeles Kings Odds