Betting on the National Football League’s (NFL) American Football Conference East Division (also known as the AFC East) has proven to be rather predictable in recent years. The New England Patriots have dominated the league for much of the last decade, with the Miami Dolphins, New York Jets and Buffalo Bills sporadically qualifying for Wild Card playoff spots. That said, it seems that the Bill Belichick and Tom Brady partnership will soon be coming to an end, with Brady getting up there in years, and this may open up the division to being a little more interesting.
If you are interested in finding out more about betting on the AFC East in the United States, you have come to the right place. Below we have a look at all US bettors need to know about this division, such as each team’s odds of winning the NFL division and its history, among other things. So, read on and start making some top bets on the AFC East at the best online gambling sites today!
Bet on the AFC East Here
Looking to place a bet on any of the teams in the AFC East? Have a look at the sportsbooks listed down below! They are sure to provide you with some great odds on any NFL bet you ever could wish to make.
What You’ll Find In Our AFC East Guide
- Odds to Win AFC East
- AFC East Team Guides
- History of the AFC East
- Interesting Facts About the AFC East
US bettors haven’t really had to ponder on the question ‘who is most likely to win the NFL AFC East?’ in recent years. Nonetheless, we have a look at each team’s chances of taking the division this year according to sports betting sites.
- New England Patriots – The New England Patriots have pretty much dominated the division since Tom Brady joined the NFL in 2000. In fact, since then, there have only been three occasions in which other teams within the division have claimed the title. As previously mentioned, Brady is aging, so there is an opportunity to make the division more competitive may be opening up.
- New York Jets – Although the New York Jets are one of the most famous teams in the whole league, they are also known as one of the biggest disappointments. Despite making it to the AFC Conference Championship in 2010, the team failed to claim the AFC East division along the way. With youngster Sam Darnold at the helm, the team is hoping to turn their sad story around. If 2018’s record is anything to go by they are unlikely to win this year, but who knows? Perhaps Darnold’s youthful optimism can mark a change in the team’s fortunes.
- Buffalo Bills – the Buffalo Bill haven’t really posted any good performances in recent years, despite having won four AFC Conference Championships in the 90s. They have made it to the playoffs once in the last twenty odd years and with Josh Allen’s passer rating, it doesn’t seem like this is going to change anytime soon.
- Miami Dolphins – the fact that most sportsbooks have set the Miami Dolphins as the team least likely to win the 2020 Super Bowl title should really give bettors a hint about the team’s current form.
The AFC East was created in 1960 in tandem with the American Football League (AFL). Originally, the division consisted of the following NFL teams: New England Patriots, New York Titans, Buffalo Bills and the Houston Oilers. The Miami Dolphins would join some years later in 1966.
When the AFL merged with the NFL in 1970, Houston was moved to what is now the AFC North and the Baltimore Colts (who were geographically closer to the other teams in the AFC East) joined the division. The Colts would continue playing in the AFC East despite moving to Indianapolis until 2002, when the teams were once again re-aligned and they were moved to the AFC South.
Since, the removal of the Colts in 2002, the division has seen no other changes. In recent years, the AFC East has grown to become one of the most successful in the Conference. This is mainly due to the dominance of the New England Patriots.
Here are some interesting facts about the AFC East that NFL fans may not have been aware of:
- None of the teams in the division actually play in the central city of their stated metropolitan area. (The New York Jets don’t even play within their own state.)
- The New England Patriots have won the most AFC East titles with 21 victories thus far.
- The division was previously home to the Houston Oilers (now the Tennessee Titans) and the Baltimore Colts (who are now the Indianapolis Colts.)
- Teams from the division have made it to the Super Bowl 19 times and won eight times.
- The AFC East is the oldest division in the NFL in terms of creation.