American Football Conference South betting (also known as AFC South betting) has been known to be pretty unlucky in recent years. As the division with the longest Super Bowl drought in the National Football League (NFL), many of the futures placed on the Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Tennessee Titans have sadly been very unsuccessful. But, with the Jaguars recent AFC Championship appearance and the Colts seemingly returning to form, the drought may be coming to an end soon.
Find out all you need to know about betting on the teams in the AFC South Division down below in our guide. We have a look at the odds to win the AFC South for each team, along with providing a list of the best sportsbooks to place a bet on any NFL team. So, read on and make better bets on these unlucky teams now!
Bet on the AFC South Here
If you’re looking to place a bet on any of the teams in the AFC South, look no further. These are the best sportsbooks for NFL betting. Each is sure to provide US bettors with amazing odds on upcoming fixtures.
What You’ll Find In Our AFC South Guide
- Odds to Win AFC South
- AFC South Team Guides
- History of the AFC South
- Interesting Facts About the AFC South
Below is a quick look at each of the four teams in the American Football Conference South division:
- Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck had big shoes to fill when he usurped the role of starting quarterback form Peyton Manning in 2012. Under his leadership, the Colts have had some pretty good seasons, but have only won two divisional championships and made it to one Conference championship. They are favored to win the division this year after coming off a playoff appearance last year.
- Houston Texans – although the Texans have long been viewed as the punching bag in the AFC South, this has changed rather recently. The team has grown to become a real contender in the league, winning the 2018 AFC South division. Unfortunately, the team lost their first-round playoff game to division rivals, the Colts.
- Tennessee Titans – despite a long history in the NFL, the Titans have underperformed in recent years. Since their 1999 Super Bowl appearance, the team has appeared in the playoffs six times in the last 20 seasons and last won their division more than a decade ago. The team failed to make it to the playoffs in 2018. Thus, they may have to go back to the drawing board if they really want to have an impact this year.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – despite winning the AFC South for the first time ever in 2017, the Jacksonville Jaguars haven’t really had all that many great seasons in recent years. Their 2018 season proved to be rather unsuccessful, despite coming off an AFC Championship game experience the previous year. The team will need to do a lot of work to return to their previous good form.
The AFC South was formed in 2002, when the Houston Texans joined the NFL as an expansion team. Prior to the existence of the AFC South, the Colts were part of the AFC East and the Jaguars and Titans formed part of the AFC Central.
The Indianapolis Colts with Peyton Manning at quarterback pretty much dominated the division for much of its early years, even going on to win the Super Bowl in 2006. This is the only Super Bowl title any of teams featured in the division have won since the AFC South’s formation.
Since Manning moved to the Denver Broncos in 2012, the AFC South has become a lot more competitive. The Houston Texans have been able to pick up some division titles. Even the Jacksonville Jaguars have picked a single title.
Looking to bet on one of the teams in the AFC South? Perhaps, some of the facts listed down below may interest you:
- The AFC South is the newest division in the NFL.
- The division has the longest Super Bowl drought in the NFL.
- The Indianapolis Colts have won the most division titles in the AFC South. This includes when the team’s performance as a member of other divisions is taken into account.
- The only Super Bowl victory the division has claimed came in 2006, when the Indianapolis Colts bet the Chicago Bears in the final.
- Teams have pretty terrible record in the AFC Championship game, with the Colts being the only team to win the championship. Currently, the record stands at 2-4.