Live NFL betting (or in-play betting) allows United States bettors to place bets on league games taking place in real-time. It is important that all gamblers place their pre-match bets, but they should never overlook the opportunities made available with live betting. The choices that come with live in-game gambling football can go far beyond your average moneylines, spreads and total bets. It all really depends on the sportsbook you choose to use. At the best US online betting sites, there is a long list of additional wagering options available to gamblers.
If you would like to learn more about NFL live betting, carry on reading. In our detailed guide, we provide a breakdown on all things in-play betting related in the league. This includes a look at NFL live odds, the types of markets available to you and some basics of sports betting in general. So, read and get to know all the ins and outs of live in-game betting on the most popular sporting league in the US.
Sportsbooks with the Best NFL Live Lines 2019
Looking for some good live sports betting lines? Well, consider the sportsbooks listed below. You are sure to find a great list of betting markets as well as some very competitive live NFL betting odds. So, what are you waiting for?
What You’ll Find In Our NFL Live Betting Guide
- How Live Betting Lines Work
- How to Bet on NFL Live Betting Lines
- Live NFL Betting Lines Explained
- Live NFL Betting Strategies
Live betting is really just another form of sports betting. The big difference between live NFL bets and pre-match bets is the ever-changing odds. While betting markets are constantly changing with developments surrounding an upcoming match, live betting odds change far more often than odds could ever before a game is actually live. In fact, in-play odds often update as frequently as after every play.
There are two big reasons bettors should consider live betting. The first is that watching a game live in-play gives you a better understanding of what might just happen in the game. It may seem like the team considered the underdog before the game started actually has a real chance of winning. Or, maybe, you now have a better idea of what the total score of the game will be.
The second is that it adds an extra layer of excitement to watching a game. If you thought waiting to see if Ben Roethlisberger would be successful in the next drive in a Steelers game was exciting, wait till you actually have a wager on it.
Looking to place some bets on NFL live games, but are unsure of how to go about doing so? Just follow the simple guide below and you’ll be placing bets in no time:
- Choose a safe sportsbook – the first step of your betting journey is choosing an online sportsbook. Make sure that you have a look at your options and thoroughly research a site before signing up. Not only do you want to make sure that you sign up at a site that offers great odds and bonuses, but also one that is actually safe to use. All of the sportsbooks recommended on this site are safe to use.
- Make a Deposit – before you are able to make any bets online, you will need to make a real money deposit into your account. As part of your sportsbook research, you should make sure that you pick a site that allows you to make deposits and withdrawals in the banking method of your choice.
- Select a Live NFL Line – navigate to the sportsbook’s live betting page and select the NFL option. Have a look at all the lines on offer and decide which bet you would like to place. State the amount of cash you would like to bet and confirm the deal.
- Wait for Results – wait to find out whether or not your wager was successful.
Check Out Our Other NFL Guides
Although the live football lines available to you will vary somewhat based on the sports betting site you’re using, every respectable sportsbook will offer the basics. This includes totals, sides and moneylines. However, some sportsbooks have more options, like halftime lines and other props. Here are some of the most commonly available live NFL lines at top sportsbooks:
- Moneylines – these are basic bets placed on the team you believe is going to win. Gamblers can also place this bet before the match is played.
- Totals – also known as over/unders. With the wagers, gamblers place bets on the total score of the match; both teams combined. These bets can be placed before the match is played too, but we actually recommend making live totals as gamblers have a better understanding of the match as a whole.
- Quarter and Halftime Bets – a number of sportsbooks offer live odds on every quarter, the first half, and second half. Basically, bettors attempt to predict which team will win a quarter or a half.
- Props – the props you will find available online differs from sportsbook to sportsbook, especially when it comes to in-game live betting options. Some sports betting sites only let bettors wager on very specific events, whereas others let them bet on every drive. Gamblers really need to shop around live markets if they really want to find the bet that suits them most.
Looking for some top wagering strategies to take advantage of some great NFL live betting odds? Well, we’ve got a few for you. While we won’t guarantee wins every time you bet, we will say that you are sure to see a higher success rate with the strategies listed below:
- Take Advantage of Improved Prices – sometimes, placing pre-match bets at the odds available isn’t really worth it in the long run. However, if the opposing team takes the lead easily, especially on a chance play, like a punt or kick-off return – then the odds will change. If you really believe that the losing team is going to win the game, you may now find yourself able to get a better price on the bet you would like to make.
- Take Opportunities to Hedge Your Bet – although we really don’t recommend that bettors misuse this strategy, if you would like to double your chances of winning cash on a game, we recommend hedging pre-match bets on a team with live ones on the oppiosing team. If you plan on doing this all at one sportsbook, make sure that the site in question does allow gamblers to hedge their bets.
- Take Advantage of Unique Live Prop Bets – if you’re a keen NFL bettor, always have a look at the prop bets available to you on live games. You may find some to exploit and build your bankroll if you are lucky.