National Football Conference betting (or NFC betting) makes up pretty much half of all United States betting on the National Football League (NFL). Of the two conferences, the NFC is considered to be more competitive. In a 15-year period, 12 different NFC teams have made it to the Super Bowl compared to the five teams that have made it in the American Football Conference. In fact, the Seattle Seahawks are pretty much the only NFC team to have had back-to-back appearances in the last 20 years. All this means is that odds are high on these teams, and the payouts massive.
If you would like to learn more about NFC betting, make sure to keep reading. Below we have a look at all US bettors need to know about betting on the NFC Championship. This includes a look at popular betting markets and the current odds on teams to win the NFC Championship. We also provide some good betting tips to help you make better NFL bets. So, read on and get clued up on NFC betting at online gambling sites.
Best NFC Betting Sites 2021
Looking for some good NFC odds? Well, look no further! The sportsbooks listed below have got lines with fantastic odds that will meet all your NFL betting needs. It doesn’t matter whether you want to make a moneyline bet on a season game or a future bet on the Super Bowl; they have got it all!
What You’ll Find In Our National Football Conference Guide
- Popular NFC Championship Betting Lines
- National Football Conference Teams
- Top NFC Betting Tips
- Current NFC Championship Odds
- NFC History
Betting lines on the NFC Championship game are pretty much the same as those seen on any other match played throughout the season. As explained on our AFC page, championship games really just open the door for new prop bets of both the standard and exotic nature. If you are unsure of how to bet on the NFL in general, don’t stress, we have listed some of the most popular betting options available to you down below:
- Moneylines – these are the easiest bets a gambler could ever make. All you need to do is pick a team to win a specific matchup.
- Point Spreads – these types of bets tend to be really popular in the NFL. Basically, a sports betting site will look at a matchup and declare a favorite. They will then set a handicap that the favorite needs to win the match by in order for bets made on the team to be successful. Gamblers can then bet on whether or not the team will overcome the handicap.
- Totals – with these bets, gamblers attempt to predict the overall score of the game; both team’s scores combined.
- Futures – these are bets made on a big game set to played in the future, such as the NFC Championship. Bettors wager on which team will win the game sometime before the game is played. This is a difficult bet to get right, but the payouts could be huge!
- Props – with these bets, gamblers wager on a specific happening taking place during the event. These bets are often divided into standard and exotic options. A standard option could be a bet on which team will score first. An exotic option is a bet on something that you can’t really put any research into, such as the result of the coin toss.
While we won’t provide any team specific NFC betting tips here (those you can find on our dedicated team pages), we have got some advice to share that may help US bettors make successful wagers on a regular basis. So, if you’re looking to place a bet on the NFC Championship (or, any other NFC game for that matter), make sure you consider the following:
- Pay Attention to Public Betting Trends – a lot has been said about public betting trends and whether or not it is a sound strategy to bet against them. While we won’t comment too much on that here, we will say bettors should always be aware of public opinion on a match’s outcome. Sometimes, it may help you see the match in a different light that makes you change the wager you were going to make.
- Take Advantage of Bonuses – the NFL post-season period is one of the most profitable for sportsbooks, which is why they always try to entice bettors to sign up and place more bets with bonuses. While this is clearly a marketing angle, we recommend that you milk their offers to make more bets, some of which may even prove to be successful.
- Consider Stats – make sure that you have a good look at the stats of each team you would like to bet on before placing your wager. This will help you edge out which team is more likely to win in particular match-ups, especially if two teams in good shape are going at it.
- Shop for Odds – this really shouldn’t need to be said, but if you’re looking at placing any sort of wager on any sport, you need to shop around for the best deal.
Every good US football bettor should be looking to place a future bet on the NFC Championship. While it may be a bit early, and NFC betting odds are likely to change, this is how sportsbooks are weighing each team’s chances of winning the Conference this year. Last year’s champions, the Los Angeles Rams, have been tipped by many to retain the title this year.
|Los Angeles Rams||+450|
|New Orleans Saints||+550|
|Green Bay Packers||+800|
|San Francisco 49ers||+1200|
|New York Giants||+2500|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||+3300|
The National Football Conference was created in 1970, when the National Football League merged with the American Football League. Initially, the league consisted of 16 clubs, but the merger forced three teams to migrate to the AFC. These were the Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns and the then Baltimore Colts.
Three additional teams have joined the NFC since 1970. These include the Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Carolina Panthers. A new team has not been added to the conference since 1995, when the Panthers joined.
Overall, teams in the NFC seem to display more parity than their AFC counterparts. As stated earlier, the conference has seen a load of different teams make it to the final as opposed to just five. In addition to this, the only team that has never made it to the Super Bowl is the Detroit Lions.
Check Out Our Other NFL Guides