The NFC West has risen to become one of the most competitive divisions in the National Football League (NFL), and is filled with prime betting opportunities for avid US bettors. It is comprised of the Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers and Arizona Cardinals. Each of these teams have made it to the Super Bowl at least once since the 2002 division re-alignment, even if not all of them have been successful in lifting the Vince Lombardi trophy. With the teams often proving their mettle, real online gambling sites in the USA often provide at least one of teams with competitive odds to go all the way.
If you would like to learn more about betting on the NFC West, make sure to have a good look at our guide below. Not only do we provide US bettors with a list of the best sportsbooks, but we also have a look at the odds of each team in the NFC West to win both their division and the Super Bowl. Gamblers can also expect to find some interesting facts about the teams that make up the division. So, read on and make better bets on the teams in this division.
Bet on the NFC West Here
Looking to place a bet on any of the teams in this competitive division? Well, have a look at the popular NFL betting sites below! They are sure to provide you with profitable odds and exciting betting lines.
What You’ll Find In Our NFC West Guide
The teams in the NFL‘s NFC West seem to take turns in dominating both the division and the league. If you are looking for some tips on who may be edged to take the division this year. We have got detailed breakdowns for each team below:
- Los Angeles Rams – the Rams are coming off a Super Bowl appearance and the team’s performance last season has put no doubt in the mind of bookies that they are capable of making it to the finals again. With the roster filled with talented players, the team has a good chance of winning the NFC West for the third year in a row.
- Seattle Seahawks – the last few years have proved phenomenal for the Seahawks, with the team picking up their first Super Bowl victory in 2014 and then going to make another Super Bowl appearance the following year. While they have struggled in the playoffs in more recent years, they may have a good shot of doing so this year with an offense that seems rather dangerous.
- San Francisco 49ers – the 49ers haven’t really lived up to their previous glory since the 2002 re-alignment. Although they made it all the way to the Super Bowl in the 2012 season, they have failed to win a division title since. Bookies aren’t too confident in the team having a great performance this year and with no solid starting quarterback, it doesn’t seem as if they’re wrong to think that way.
- Arizona Cardinals – despite making it to the NFC Championships in 2016, the team has struggled to perform well since. Bookies have taken a good look at both the team’s offensive and defensive lines and found them to be lacking. It seems as if they may be in for last year’s 3-13 performance.
The National Football Conference West was initially formed in 1967, but was known under a different name – NFC Coastal. Back then, the division consist of four team on the opposite coasts of the country: the Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Colts, the Los Angeles Rams and the San Francisco 49ers. The division was probably one of the most geographically inaccurate and would become even more so in future.
After the 1970 NFL-AFL merger, the division was renamed the NFC West, and some team changes were made. The Baltimore Colts were moved to the AFC East and the New Orleans Saints were moved in. The Seattle Seahawks joined the division for a year in 1976 before moving to the AFC West. The Carolina Panthers would join the division in 1995 and in that year the Rams also moved to St. Louis.
During the 2002 re-alignment, the entire division was changed. The St. Louis Rams, Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers were grouped together to form a more geographically accurate division that would only become more so when the Rams moved back to Los Angeles.
Since the re-alignment, the division has gone on to become one of the most successful of the entire league, being one of only two to have all of its teams make it to the Super Bowl. While the Seattle Seahawks have proven to be the most successful team in the division in recent years, it really seems as if the Los Angeles Rams are coming up.
Before you place a good, old wager on the NFC West, make sure to have a good look at some of the facts and stats listed down below:
- The NFC West has sent every single one of their teams to the Super Bowl since the 2002 re-alignment. The Seattle Seahawks have appeared three times (2005, 2013 and 2014), the Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams one time (2018), the Arizona Cardinals one time (2008), and the San Francisco 49ers one time (2012).
- The Seattle Seahawks have won the most division titles since the re-alignment with a total of eight titles. The rest of the teams that make up the division have all won three titles.
- The Seattle Seahawks have got the best overall win-loss-draw ratio since joining the NFC West. However, the San Francisco has the best ratio overall.
- In the last decade, a team from the NFC West has made it to the Super Bowl four times and won once.
- The Los Angeles Rams made it to the Super Bowl during the 2018 season. They fell to the New England Patriots in what proved to be the lowest scoring final in league history.