NFL season win totals wagers, as the name may suggest, are simple bets which require bettors to bet on the number of wins a team may have at the end of a season. The odds are determined by sportsbook odd makers. While most bettors in the US may focus on game totals, spreads or so, season win totals can leave you with a much bigger win, improving your bankroll at the end of the season. However, punters need to be strategic on how they approach such wagers. Read on for more on how to bet NFL season win totals.
Best NFL Football Betting Sites USA
What You’ll Find In Our Miami Dolphins Guide
- How NFL Season Win Totals Work
- How to Bet NFL Season Win Totals: Tips & Tricks
- NFL Season Win Totals for 2019
Essentially, online sports betting sites will have a line for how many games a team may win. The bettors are required to wager on the over/under line of a given team’s season win number. For example on the 2018 NFL wins, one sportsbook had the following odds for Baltimore Ravens:
- Wins: 8
- Over: -130
- Under: +100
So, to break this down would be that the Ravens had a season totals line of 8 with and over at -130 and an under at +100. This means if a bettor believed that the Ravens would win more than 8 games in 2018, they have to bet $130 to win $100. Meanwhile, if they don’t believe the Ravens would win 8 games, they bet $100 to win $100.
The bet is only valid during a current season and does not include post-seasons.
There are different factors bettors need to consider before placing your NFL win totals wager. The most important factors worth handicapping include the following:
- Check past results – Historical trends are key. So, before you place your over/under bet on a team you need to check and consider how the team has performed previously. However, you need to be smart about this too. Trends do come to an end. Just because a team or player had been doing bad in the past season does not mean they will stay that way forever.
- Check close season changes – A good indicator of where a team is at right now. So, checking how the team performed last season is a good place to start. Also check if any players were injured or suspended and also check the strength of the opposition.
- Keep an eye on the schedule – NFL schedules are not always equal. Sometimes a team might not play some games or go half season due to unforeseen circumstances. So, you need to keep checking a squad schedule before placing your wager.
- Overall team quality and depth – The aim is to analyse season win totals and that’s all about assessing the relative strength of a team and comparing it to their projected total. You want to bet the over given that a team is stronger than their projected win total. If a team is weaker, you bet the under.
Other factors left to consider are; coaching, the strength of the division and what people think.
More so, keep in mind that there are only 128 possible wins available in a given season. Be careful of sportsbooks which take advantage of your optimism in NFL.
Check Out Our Other NFL Guides
|New England Patriots||11.5||-116||-114|
|Green Bay Packers||10||+100||-135|
|New Orleans Saints||9.5||-135||+105|
|Los Angeles Rams||9||-135||+105|
|Los Angeles Chargers||9||-130||+100|
|San Francisco 49ers||8.5||-110||-120|
|Kansas City Chiefs||8||-105||-125|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||7.5||-130||+100|
|New York Giants||7||+100||-130|
|New York Jets||6.5||-116||-114|