Dallas Stars odds have been on a bit of a slippery slope since their last National Hockey League (NHL) Western Conference Championship finals appearance in the 2008-09 season. The team has not been playing all that well and have often struggled for the playoffs. That said, the 2018-19 did see the team do at least well-enough to make it to the Second Round of postseason, so many do think that the team may be on a slight upward trend. With the team looking like a prime wild card contender, is it worth betting on the Stars to make the playoffs?
Well, if you want to learn more about betting on the Dallas Stars, make sure to read on down below. In our ultimate team guide, we have a look at the team’s likelihood of the team winning the Stanley Cup this season and their overall performance history. We also provide a list of the best online gambling sites so as to help you get the best odds for your bet. So, what are you waiting for?
Dallas Stars Betting Guide Contents:
- Top Dallas Stars Betting Sites
- Dallas Stars Odds to Win Stanley Cup
- Dallas Stars Performance History
- Interesting Dallas Stars Facts
As mentioned above, the Dallas Stars haven’t really had all that much to celebrate in the last decade. While they did manage to win their division in the 2015-16 season, they have rarely qualified for the NHL playoffs outside of this performance. That said, the Stars did manage to make it to the playoffs last season, and if their performance so far is anything to go by, they are in line to make it as a wild card team again.
While we do think the Stars are a team to take a risk on to get to the playoffs, we don’t think that they will be the team to win the Stanley Cup this year. We don’t think their performance is enough to get them through to the Conference Championship finals, especially with how the Colorado Avalanche and St. Louis Blues are playing.
With this said, if you are still keen on betting on a Stars win this year at US sports betting sites, we advise caution. We’d recommend waiting for them to at least qualify for the playoffs before placing the bet to ensure it is not a loss from the outset.
Check out our other NHL Western guides:
The Stars haven’t had such a bad run within the NHL Western Conference since moving to Dallas. In the last 25 years or so since moving, there has been one Stanley Cup win, two Conference Championship wins and two Division Championships. There were also able to win two President’s Trophy titles in the years leading up to the Stanley Cup win.
That stated, the team’s run hasn’t been all that great in the last few years. Other than a Division Championship win in 2016, the side really hasn’t seen all that much silverware recently. In fact, it has been a bit of struggle for the team to even qualify for the playoffs over the last decade. The squad does have two star offensive players though in the form of Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin, but many bookies feel that a moderately strong offensive line-up is not enough to propel the team into the latter stages of the league.
Overall, we wouldn’t recommend placing a future bet on the Dallas Stars any time soon. Individual match-ups may prove to be slightly more fruitful for bettors though.
Before placing your future bet on the Dallas Stars, you may want to have a look at these facts and stats:
- The team has only ever won a single Stanley Cup title and this was in the 1998-99 season. Following this performance, they have made it to the finals on one other occasion.
- The Dallas Stars have won the Western Conference Championship on two occasions, with the last being during the 1999-2000 season. They have made it to the Conference Finals on two other occasions. They have a 50%-win rate at this stage of the season.
- The team has won the President’s Cup on two separate occasions in two consecutive seasons. The first was in the 1997-98 season and the second was in the 1998-99 season (the year they won the Stanley Cup.)
- With regards to Division Championships, the team has won the title on eight separate occasions; the latest being the 2015-16 season. In their Stanley Cup winning season, they also won the Division Championship.
- The Stars have made the playoffs on three out of ten occasions in the last decade.