Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is one of the most popularly-followed sports in the US. More specifically, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Betting on the UFC and MMA is also extremely popular. So how can Americans get in on MMA Betting? Well, all you need is to read this guide and understand how to bet. All of our top listed sites offer MMA sports betting, so keep your bankroll ready. We’ve also ensured that they are licensed and regulated for US bettors.
Best MMA Odds Betting Sites
How to Bet on MMA
To starting betting on the UFC/MMA, you’ll need to understand the weight classes and matches. In the UFC particularly, there are certain major events to follow. For example, Fight Night 142, UFC 231, etc. these matches are held at different arenas across America. Which means that attending the fights can be costly. Luckily, there’s always live coverage on local networks and streaming sites for these title fights.
Much like boxing, the MMA follows certain weight class categories. However, these are a little less comprehensive than boxing. In MMA betting, we recommend learning the following weight classes:
- Women’s Straw Weight – 105 lb (Women)
- Flyweight – 112 lb (Men & Women)
- Bantamweight – 118 lb (Men & Women)
- Feather weight – 126 lb (Men & Women)
- Lightweight – 135 lb (Men)
- Welterweight – 147 lb (Men)
- Middleweight – 160 lb (Men)
- Light Heavyweight – 175 lb (Men)
- Heavyweight – unlimited (Men)
Once you’re familiar with these classes, we recommend checking the fighting styles of each competitor. Understanding their style helps gamblers to make an informed bet on this combat sport. However, always be aware of insider information and avoid it. This is illegal to share and profit on.
Check out our other Online Betting guides:
- Online Betting
American UFC Fight Odds
Most sportsbooks offer odds in three standard forms. At American bookies, you’ll most likely see money line bets. Still, there are a few international bookmakers who offer European and British formats. So, we’ve listed them with some examples for our US bettors.
- Moneyline – these are based on $100 wagers, and usually look like this: +125, -100, etc. So, if you bet on McGregor to win on -250, you’d need to calculate it with this formula: $100 (100/250) x100 = $40. For a +250 wager, use this (wager x odds)/100.
- Decimal – at European bookie sites, you’ll be given decimal odds. These work as follows: 1.75 to win, with a bet of $75 (wager x odds – wager). So, you’d say 75 x 1.75 = 131.25 – 75 = $56.25
- Fractional – most UK bookies work in fractions, for example 1/6. This would be your wager multiplied by the (left number by the right number). Or 200(1/6) = $33.33.
UFC Betting Tips – How to Bet
- Open your preferred online betting site
- Click on UFC or MMA
- Place a bet and/or pick a fighter
- Watch the fight or get the results
- Get your winnings
Understanding the UFC Odds
- Straight Pick
- Will the Fight end?
- Method of Victory
- Technical Knockout (TKO) Win
- Victory by Submission
- Win Inside Distance
- Decision Win
- Round of Victory