UFC betting is increasingly becoming popular among bettors in the US. The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) competition hosted in Las Vegas. Each tournament features ten weight divisions and follows a set of rules. Fights involve various kinds of martial arts combined and allows full contact between players. The UFC produces fighting events worldwide. Read on to learn more on UFC and MMA betting in USA. Find the MMA betting odds, rules, tips, and more.
How UFC Betting Works: UFC & MMA Betting Lines
Just like boxing, betting on UFC fights is very simple. There are types of lines or betting markets which are typically offered on an MMA/UFC bout. You can bet on the following:
- Outright Winner or Money Line – betting on who the winner of the fight will be.
- Method of Victory or Fight Outcome– a bet on how the fight will end – either a knockout, technical knockout, submission, disqualification, or corner stoppage.
- Fight to go Distance – betting on whether the fight will last until the end or not. This is usually decided by the judge’s decision. It’s important to note, if a fighter wins by decision, bettors can bet on the type of decision too – unanimous, split, or majority decision.
- Round Betting – betting on which round the fight will end.
- Total Rounds Betting – betting if whether the number of rounds will be under or over a specific number.
- Parlay Betting or Accumulators – placing a single bet on several outcomes. For example, bettors can, on a single card, pick that three fighters will win by KO.
UFC Betting Rules
Usually, a UFC match lasts a maximum of three to five rounds, and each round lasts for five minutes. The importance of the fight is what determines the number of rounds. For instance, a title match in UFC will have five rounds meanwhile a match which is not as important will only have three rounds.
Moreover, there are fighting rules associated with UFC fights. The United Rules of Mixed Martial Arts regulates things like weight categories and ring attire, to fight moves. Moves that are not allowed in the ring include hair pulling, head-butting and kicking, eye gouging, spine strikes, and biting to name a few.
Outcomes on UFC Fights Explained
As you may already know, there are several ways to win or lose a fighting match. Here is a quick brief on each of the outcomes on UFC fights.
- Knockout – when a fighter is rendered unconscious by a legal strike from the opponent and is unable to continue with the match.
- Technical Knockout – when a referee deems that an opponent won’t be able to continue with a fight.
- Submission – this is forcing an opponent to submit. It is done using different techniques. A fighter signals a submission by tapping the ground.
- Corner Stoppage – also known as ‘throwing in the towel’, this is when the fighter’s team deem that the fighter cannot continue with the fight.
- Decision – the decision rests with three judges who have been scoring the rounds of the fight lasts until the end. So, two of the three judges will determine who the victor is. Draws are also possible.
UFC Betting Odds
The odds for betting on UFC/MMA matches vary on betting sites. Usually, a shorter price on a favourite leads to a much bigger price on the outsider. Furthermore, other bookmakers may tend to focus more on big fights. So, players must make sure to shop around to get the best UFC offers.
Tips for Betting on UFC & MMA Games
MMA combines a variety of fighting styles – boxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, karate, and Jiu-Jitsu. The styles and techniques vary from fighter to fighter. So, it is wise to study the styles of each fighter in order to make an informed decision. More so, you can also check fight previews and betting odds that bookmakers place on a player. The bookmakers featured on our site are experienced in UFC betting. Bettors can look forward to bets on favourite contestants and underdogs.
How to Bet on UFC
Bettors can bet from wherever they are via mobile betting apps or websites. All you need to do is follow the following easy steps:
- Pick your favourite bookmaker(s).
- Navigate to the MMA or UFC section of the site.
- Choose a fight you wish to bet on as shown on the schedule.
- Add your selections on your betting slip by simply clicking on the odds.
- Make a deposit or select the amount you wish to wager if you’ve already made a deposit
- Confirm your bet.