Major League Soccer has grown in popularity over the years and the response to soccer from supporters in North America has followed suit. Fan enthusiasm over their MLS teams has transcended stadium seat sales and can now be measured by real money bets online. Canada’s Toronto FC is one of the MLS teams that are vying for the league trophy this season. Find Toronto FC odds of winning the MLS Cup to help you place your bet accordingly. We have combined all of Toronto FC stats, regular season schedule and the log standings to help punters make a more informed wager.
Match Schedule & Log Position
In order to understand how to bet on Toronto FC, US punters have to learn how to read the stats. The MLS is comprised of the Eastern and Western Conference, where a total of 44 regular season matches are played by each team. These matches represent home and away games against each team over the course of the season before the postseason playoffs. Toronto FC match odds for each game will be displayed next to the betting option. All these numbers should not overwhelm you, they are simply to show that the sportsbooks consider a certain team to have better odds of winning the match over another.
The MLS odds of a team winning the cup change over the course of the season. Some teams start the regular season off well and burn out when it is crunch time. This is particularly why most teams beef up their squads during the offseason. The buying power of MLS teams has increased over the years and clubs can bid to bring top European players to American. The purchase of players like Zlatan Ibrahimović, Wayne Rooney and David Villa has added to the lustre of their teams. Toronto FC boast of a lethal attacking combo in Sebastian Giovinco and Jozy Altidore, both of which have plied their trade in top leagues in Europe. This should reassure punters of Toronto FC’s ability. Furthermore, we’ve combined a few tips you should follow when betting on Toronto FC.
MLS Toronto FC Betting Tips
Once bettors understand how to place a bet on the upcoming MLS season, they have to consider all of the betting odds. A bet should not be driven solely by which team you support. The team’s odds of winning the tie also play a huge role along with the following factors:
- The type of wager a bettor picks is important. If a team has better odds of winning than Toronto FC, punters must wager on the scoreline (over-under bet).
- The head-to-head results of previous matches over the course of the season should be considered.
- The form of the team should also be taken into consideration because it speaks to their frame of mind. The previous results can give an impression of whether a team is on a good run or not.
- The squad and starting line-ups are crucial to the bettor’s confidence in a team. If a key player is injured, it might be reflected in the odds.
- Pre-game analysts and commentators are a good base to get more information on where experts are leaning towards.
- The time of the season when a game is played and the competition can influence the bet that punters place. Regular season and postseason games have different betting imperatives.