As one of the easier games of chance, bingo has straightforward rules for gameplay and winning. Since it’s a fast-paced game online, knowing bingo rules makes the process simpler in the long-run.
So, in this guide, we’ll walk you through the common bingo rules and etiquette so you can play with confidence and get those payouts.
Play Bingo Online Here
Common Bingo Rules
First and foremost, we’re going to go through the standard rules for online and land-based bingo halls. These are based on our experiences and those of other players.
Before we begin, we have to mention that there are two types of bingo games online: virtual and live. The virtual games have no interaction with other players, while live rooms are obviously filled with other people.
With that said, here are the rules to play bingo:
- Most games will have a minimum age requirement of 18 years or older, and you will need to have proof of identity.
- If you win, you’ll need to produce your identity documents to get a jackpot payout from the bingo operators.
- During high-stakes games, you’ll need to play through the entire round and not enter or leave the game.
- You can never reserve specific bingo cards because it counts as cheating.
- If you get bingo, you have to call it immediately before the next number is called.
Rules for Playing
If you’re playing a form of live bingo, there are common etiquette rules that other players will expect you to follow. To avoid stepping on any toes, we recommend paying attention to these bingo rules:
- Avoid talking too much in a game of bingo and keep quiet when the numbers are called, regular players will always pipe down when the draw starts.
- Watch for lucky seats that belong to other players at bingo halls, these are very personal to some players.
- Don’t parrot out the numbers when they’re called because any extra noise could be distracting to those around you.
- Never take frustrations out on the caller as they have no control over the numbers and your card faces.
- Think before you call bingo, because it usually stops the flow of the game, and false bingo calls are quite rude.
List of Games
When you’re getting ready to play, factor in the rules of each variant before you get started. These are distinguished by the number of balls and where it’s commonly played.
30 Ball Bingo Rules
This is one of the newer versions which only features 30 balls and a 4×4 grid card with each line in groups of four. The first line is 1-4, the second 5-8, and so on for matches and no free spot.
American 75 Ball Bingo
Every bingo card in this game has a 5×5 grid and free space in the middle for matches. When you get bingo horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, you can bingo.
80 Ball Bingo Rules
This online-only variant features a 4×4 card and 16 numbers in total that need to have a winning pattern. In this version, standard bingo rules apply to every card you buy before games start.
UK 90 Ball Bingo
These bingo tickets have 27 spaces instead of 25 and are arranged in 9 columns with three rows. Here, the bingo rules dictate that you can get win with all four corners, a horizontal line, two lines, or a full card match.