American blackjack is the most popular version of the 21 card game in the world. Several things make American blackjack online the best casino card game in the USA. Players have the option of choosing to play European Blackjack for real money and other popular blackjack variants available online. However, American Blackjack has far better odds than the former; thus, gamblers choose the American Blackjack variant of the classic table game.
While the different types of blackjack card games may feature the same basic rules, they have subtle variances that make each game different from the next. Players can find out what makes online American blackjack sites so popular in the US using our guide. Go through our review to learn how to play American blackjack, the different rules, and the best blackjack strategy to win. We’ve listed the top US online gambling sites that feature blackjack games for money.
Top American Blackjack Online Casinos
What You Will Find on This American Blackjack Guide:
- American Blackjack and European Blackjack
- American Blackjack Rules
- Best American Blackjack Strategy
- American Blackjack FAQs
Even though there are several blackjack variants, American blackjack and European blackjack card games are the two most popular online casino versions. The differences between the two classic card games are represented in the way the game is played. Regardless of the manner in which the cards are dealt, the goal remains the same. A player wins if their hand is closer to 21 than the dealer’s (if not the exact number). Here are the differences between the two versions of the game:
- The most apparent difference between the American and European blackjack involves how the game starts and how the cards are dealt. When playing European blackjack, the dealer gets a single card and the second card after the player has received their hand. The odds are slightly slanted in the dealer’s favor, as the player might potentially lose more money due to more chances of adding to their initial bet.
- On the other end, American blackjack kicks off the round by dealing the players with two cards. Players get one card face up and the other is face down (the hole card). The dealer is dealt with two cards, one facing up as well as a hole card. The dealer will discretely peek the hole card for a possible score of 21 in which the game would automatically end.
- We would be remiss to ignore the fact that the number of decks used in the game differs. In American blackjack, the dealer uses between six and eight decks, while in European blackjack only two are used.
The rules on how to play American blackjack online are rather simple to follow. Players need only to remember the basic principles of the card game. These sets of rules are critical to players winning because they differ from other variants of the game.
- The dealer peeks at the hole card on 10s, face cards, and
- In American blackjack, the dealer is required to stand on a soft 17.
- Players have the option to double down on any hand.
- You can split a hand up to three times. This rule changes when you have Aces and players can only opt to split Aces a single time.
- If players split Aces, it isn’t likely that they will get Blackjack.
- Players are permitted to surrender way into a game.
Gambling experts across the globe have always advised players to exercise some form of strategy when playing blackjack to ensure that they don’t leave things to chance. We’ve scoured the net looking at blackjack forums to compile the best American blackjack strategy to win big.
- As a rule of thumb, players should take up a more aggressive approach when playing American Blackjack, especially in their splitting and doubling down game. It increases your chances of winning as opposed to the European blackjack where players have to apply more restraint.
- The face-up card that the dealer draws should dictate whether you bet more conservatively or you press on in splitting and doubling down. This is especially important when the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace or a 10-value card.
- Should the dealer have a hand that consists of cards between 2 and 10, and the player has between around 4 and 8, it is recommended that the player
- Players should stand if they’ve got a score around 12 and 16, and the dealer’s hand is comparatively low. Chances are the dealer will bust in such instances.
American blackjack is a variant of the classic card game distinguished by the dealer’s hand when the game begins. The dealer is dealt two cards where one that is face up and the other card is the hole card facing down. During the course of the game, the dealer is permitted to check the hole card if blackjack is a possibility from the combination of his hand.
In the game of blackjack, the house edge is around 0.5%, especially in cases where players use some strategy to play. The dealer’s hidden card swings the odds in the house’s favor because players have to guess which card it is.
Players should hit after the dealer’s cards have been revealed, and they are between 2 and 10. Hitting in this situation is also contingent on players having cards between 4 and 8.
In a situation where your hand’s total is 11, and provided that the dealer has a low card between 6 or lower, it is recommended that you double down. You can also opt to double down when you have a soft 16, 17, or 18 consisting of an Ace card plus another card.
American blackjack has a hole card in which a dealer keeps face down and peeks during a game. While in European blackjack, the dealer gets one card and receives the second card after the player has received their cards.
In most casinos, players are allowed to double down in several scenarios including after splitting their hands. You do have the option of doubling down and placing an extra bet to get an additional card dealt to you by the dealer.
Check out our other blackjack guides: