At Gambling360.com, we help our players answer the question, “What is the best online casino Canada?”. With more than 18.6 Canadians logging into online gambling sites every day, it really is a hot question. So, we try to answer it by scouring the internet to find casino sites that offer players access to the most popular gambling games, such as slots, roulette, blackjack and so much more.
There is so much to be excited about when it comes to playing games at online casino Canada real money. Many players aren’t aware of all the benefits casino sites offer them, which is why we try to provide players with a breakdown in our best online casino reviews. Some of the areas we focus on in our reviews include the following:
- Finding great bonuses. We don’t only focus on new player deals, but those for existing players as well!
- Determining whether or not a casino is safe to use. All our recommended sites are safe and licensed by the industry’s biggest regulating bodies.
- We recommend sites with hundreds of amazing casino games to play so that you never get bored.
- All our sites accept CAD$!
So, sign up at one of our recommended Canadian online casinos and experience gaming like you have never before!
Canada Casino Links
- The Best Canadian Casinos in 2020
- Casino Canada Real Money: Creating An Account
- Best Casino Canada Reviews: Our Rating Process
- Top 10 Casinos 2020
- Gambling Laws in Canada – Explained
- Mobile Gambling Sites
- How to Make a Deposit
- How to Cash Out at a Casino
- Casino Games Canada
- Play Casino Games for Real Money Online
- Top Casinos Canada: Bonuses
- Responsible Gambling in Canada
- Canadian Brick-and-Mortar Casinos
- Canadian Casinos FAQs
Setting up a new casino account is easy. Just follow the steps outlined down below, and you’ll be good to go:
Step 1: Pick a Casino
Before you can sign up at a casino, you need to choose one to sign up to. There are a lot of things to consider when choosing a casino, such as games, bonuses, banking options and more, so choose wisely. (If you’re not in the habit of researching long and hard, we recommend defaulting to one of our casinos.)
Step 2: Fill in Your Details
Casinos require some personal details to create an account. Details could include your country, name, date of birth, physical address, email address, currency of choice and preferred language. The information is required to ensure that you are of legal age to gamble, and that you are located in a country where online gambling is legal.
Step 3: Make Your First Deposit
After you have signed up, you should be ready to make your first cash deposit. To do this, navigate to the legit online casino Canada’s banking section and select the method you would like to use. Input the amount you would like to deposit, and you should be good to go.
Step 4: Begin Playing
Once your deposit has cleared, you can begin playing your favorite casino games for real money – it’s as easy as that!
Every time we encounter a new online casino Canada, we analyse the following areas to determine whether or not it is worth recommending to our players:
Step 1: Security & Support Services
Gambling360.com only ever recommends legit online casinos Canada to its players. We ensure that we do so by making sure that every site that we review is safe to use before recommending it.
We do this by determining if a casino is regulated by trusted online gambling governing bodies, such as eCOGRA, and the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, to name a few. They also need to make use of SSL encryption to protect player information if they are going to get the nod from us.
After we have made sure that the casino is safe to use, we check if their customer service system operates well. At times, players want to contact the casino and not being able to get in touch with customer support staff is frustrating. Imagine having an issue with a cashout, and there being no way to get it resolved.
Step 2: Banking & Cashouts
Thereafter, we look at the banking services available at a casino. We recommend sites that offer a wide variety of banking options so that every player is catered to. Not every player likes using the same banking methods. In addition, some casinos may not even allow players to use the same method for deposits and withdrawals.
Then, we check the payout speeds of each of the casino. While players will be hard-pressed to find a site that offers same-day cashouts, we try to find casinos that pay out in the shortest possible time.
Step 3: Casino Games
Now, we move on to the interesting bits of a casino where we begin to determine if a site has a lot to offer players in terms of gambling games. We try to find casinos that offer a wide variety of games, including slots, table and casual games. You shouldn’t have time to get bored at a casino site.
Step 4: Mobile Casino
A total of 85% of Canadian players gamble online using a mobile device, such as smartphone or a tablet. So, have include mobile compatibility in our review process for the top online casinos in Canada. A mobile site or app needs to be compatible with Android or iOS at the very least.
Step 5: Bonuses and Promotions
Casino sites offer players the chance to maximise their gaming sessions with cash and free spins bonuses. However, not all bonuses are worth it. We check to see whether the wagering requirements are manageable.
Here are all the best-rated casinos in Canada at the moment:
- Jackpot City (Best for Welcome Bonus)
- Lucky Nugget (Popular for Microgaming Slots)
- Royal Vegas (Premier Loyalty Program)
- Ruby Fortune (Great Selection of Table Games)
- River Belle (Popular for Reliability)
- Spin Casino (Best for Withdrawals)
- 888 Casino (Amazing for Sports Betting)
- Bodog Casino (Ideal for Unique Games)
- Wild Card City Casino(Good for Extensive Game Selection)
- Gaming Club Casino (Popular for Simplicity)
When it comes to online gambling laws in Canada, the most important thing to know is that each province is in control over regulation within their own area. This means that it is possible for gambling to be legal in one province but not another. Here is a short summary of the situation in each province:
There are no online gambling restrictions in Alberta, which means you can play casino games or sports bets online.
Online gambling in British Columbia is legal. The province even has its own online gaming platform, called PlayNow.
Players in Manitoba are allowed to access the PlayNow casino site available in British Columbia. Alternatively, there are a few other online casinos that have not been blocked.
There are no laws addressing online gambling in New Brunswick. This means that Canadians in the area can gambling online hassle free.
Unfortunately, if you live in Newfoundland, gambling is banned. You could chance it by playing online but we wouldn’t try it.
As with many of the other provinces listed here, online gambling is not yet regulated by law in Nova Scotia. This means you are free to sign up to any site online.
Online gambling is legal in Ontario. The province even has its own casino system called PlayOLG.
Quebec has got a province-run gambling website called EscapeJeux.
There aren’t any province-run gambling sites in Saskatchewan. There have been attempts to open one but had to close down.
As mentioned above, mobile gambling makes up some 80% of all online gambling in Canada. Players like playing on the move, which is why we only recommend casinos that are compatible with mobile devices.
Here is a list of operating systems mobile casinos are compatible with:
- Android – with 86.6% of the smartphone market making use of a device that runs Android, most top-rated casinos are compatible with devices running the operating system.
- iPhone & iPad – Apple dominates the tablet market with a total of 28.8% of total market share. There are loads of casinos compatible with Apple devices. If you want a method of accessing a gambling site that requires less admin, be sure to look for casino apps in the App Store.
- Blackberry – although Blackberry devices aren’t as popular as they once were, many casinos still cater for them.
- Windows Phone – just as with Blackberry, devices that run Windows aren’t all that popular at the moment. While it is difficult to find a casino compatible with OS, there are some available.
Making a deposit at a casino site is simple. Just follow the steps outlined below and you should be good to start playing:
- Head to the casino’s cashier/banking page – there you should see a list of deposit and withdrawal options.
- Select your banking method – players now have to pick the deposit option which is most applicable to them.
- Enter your details – input all the information required to make a transaction with your selected option.
- Confirm – conclude the deposit by selecting confirm.
Cashing out is just as easy as making a deposit at a casino site. With our easy-to-follow withdrawal guide, you’ll have your money in no time at all:
- Head to the casino’s casino section (again) – this time, instead of selecting the deposit options, select the withdrawal options.
- Select your cash out option – select the banking method you would like to use to cash out with.
- Enter your details – input all the casino’s requested information. This could include a copy of your ID.
- Confirm the transaction – click the “confirm” button to conclude the transaction. All you have to do now is wait.
When players visit the top Canadian online casino sites, they get access to all the most popular casino games, including some of the following:
- Online Slots Canada – these are the most popular casino games available at Canadian online casino sites. With hundreds of games available online, you will never be bored.
- Roulette – there are various versions of roulette available online, including American, European and French. Spin the wheel and win cash prizes now!
- Blackjack – also known as 21, blackjack is probably the easiest casino card game to learn how to play and win.
- Baccarat – most Canadians casino game fans know of baccarat to be a high buy-in game but this is not true online.
- Poker – there are loads of popular poker variations available online. Players also have the opportunity to play in exciting tournaments.
- Craps – an extremely popular dice game involving two dice.. As a game with bets that feature a very low house edge, all players should be trying it.
- Sic Bo – created in China, this casino dice game has grown to become one of the most popular gambling games in casinos around the world.
- Bingo – although mostly associated with old people and retirement homes, bingo is one of the most popular free online casino games.
- Scratch Cards – a casual gambling game but a favorite; there are hundreds of different scratch games to choose from at casino sites.
Gambling sites offer players access to great bonuses that add additional funds to their bankrolls. Some of the most popular bonuses at top casinos include the following:
- Welcome Bonuses – casinos gift welcome bonuses to players upon signing up for their services and making a deposit.
- Free Spins Bonus – a casino gives players free spins for a specific slot game.
- Online Casino Real Money No Deposit Canada – this bonus offer provides players with a small amount of free cash to play select casino games no deposit required. Many players consider this to be one of the best Canadian online casino bonuses.
- Loyalty Bonuses – some players are given rewards for remaining loyal to the casino. These bonuses could be distributed to players on a monthly or weekly basis.
- Deposit Bonuses – these bonus offers work with a matching system. Players make a deposit and casinos promise to match it up to a certain amount.
While playing casinos games online is a load of fun, unfortunately, some players who are prone to addictive behaviours may take the fun a little too far. If you are one such player, or know of another person who is, don’t despair. There are support groups that can help you through these issues.
If you fear that you or someone you know may be dealing with problem gambling, do not hesitate to contact any of the organisations listed down below:
- Problem Gambling Helpline – (519)439-0174
- CPGCB– 877 421-1181
With over 219 gambling facilities spread across the Canada’s 10 provinces, there is ample opportunity to play casino games in the real world.
Here is a list of some of our favorite brick-and-mortar casinos around the country:
- Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino – 377 Riverside Dr E, Windsor, ON N9A 7H7, Canada.
- Casino de Montreal – 1 Avenue du Casino, Montréal, QC H3C 4W7, Canada.
- River Rock Casino Resort – 8811 River Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 3P8, Canada.
- Casino Niagara – 5705 Falls Ave, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6T3, Canada.
- River Cree Resort and Casino – 300 E Lapotac Blvd, Edmonton, AB T7X 3Y3, Canada.
The short answer is yes, it is legal to gamble online in Canada – well, at least parts of it. As gambling laws fall under provincial jurisdiction, it may be legal in some provinces but not in others.
2. Jackpot City
3. River Belle
4. All-Slots Casino
5. Royal Vegas
As a rule of thumb, most provinces require players to be 19 years or older to play casino games although Quebec’s legal age is a little bit lower at 18.
Yes, some online casinos cheat. However, this is not the norm if you play at safe and regulated sites, which is why we always advise players to check a casino’s licenses before signing up.
All casino games give you an opportunity to win real money. This includes slots, table games and casual gambling games.
Yes, it is possible to play casino games on mobile. Most of the best casino sites are easily accessible through mobile browsers. Some even offer their own app, making the site more easily accessible.
Check out our guides for other nations: