How to play poker online is simple when you understand the rules of the game. From the outside looking in you may be intimidated by the poker lingo, raise, check fold and more. If you want to know how to play online poker in US casinos, we have put together this easy guide for you. How to play poker standard guidelines can be applied to the various types of online poker games. For instance, if you want to know how to play strip poker you can apply the rules of how to play Texas holdem poker. There are however a few exceptions to that rule such as 3-card poker. How to play 3 card poker varies slightly from the standard Texas holdem rules.
The fantastic thing about playing poker is the principles of gameplay remain the same. We have put together this how to play poker for beginner’s guide with the basics that will come in handy when you play for real money. We have also curated a list of the best poker sites with a range of games for beginners and experts.
Play Poker Online for Real Money
How to Play Poker for Beginners
There are there are three basic things to remember when you want to master how to play poker with chips online.
- You place your bets first before cards are dealt out to each player. So, learn the different bet plays and what they mean.
- The first player to make a play sits left of the dealer- the game moves clockwise
- Unlike other card games you cannot request more cards. Your aim is to make the best hand from the two-hole cards you get and the community cards.
How Do You Play Poker – 7 Step Guide to Play Poker Easy
In a game of poker if all players are participating, a button is placed in front of the player who will serve as the “dealer” for the game. After that the game may commence.
- Each place places a bet
- Every player gets two-hole cards- that is the two cards that only the player sees
- After each player has go their two-hole cards, the initial three community cards are laid face up and a round of betting follows
- The turn, which is the fourth community card is added into the mix and there’s another betting round.
At each betting round some players might bow out of the game and fold.
- The final and fifth card of the community card, known as the river is added
- After the river all remaining players must reveal their hands, this part of the game is called the showdown and the best hand wins the pot
- Where two players have identical or similar pairs hands the pot is either split equally or given to the player with higher ranking cards
How to Play Online Poker Terms to Know
- Ante- the required minimum bet for all players before a hand is dealt. The ante contribution makes up the base of the prize pool / pot
- Buy-In – This is an amount which is required from players to participate in a poker game, this is usually in poker tournaments and is not part of the bets players will make in the actual game.
- Community Cards- These are the common cards which are laid out face up and used by all players to make the best hand with or without their individual hole cards
- Flop- The flop is the term for the first three community cards laid out initially
- Turn- The turn is the fourth community card which is added to the flop after the 2nd betting round.
- River – The River is the fifth community card added after the third round of betting