Let It Ride is a variation of five-card stud poker. The aim of the casino game is to have the best five-card hand possible. The game offers high payouts, fast-paced action. It also provides new poker players with a smoother transition from slots to table games.
In this guide, we aim to teach you how to play Let It Ride. We will provide you with all the information you need to get started. We also list many online casinos that offer the game for free and real money so you can practice.
Let It Ride Links
Here is a walkthrough of a standard Let It Ride poker game:
- Place a bet. Your bet should be divided over three betting circles – each must be of the same value. For example, if you choose to bet $1, you will place $1 in each of the three circles.
- Each player gets three face-down cards and two community cards are drawn.
- The dealer will reveal the first community card.
- You look at your hand and decide whether you would like to pull back the first of the three bets. To retract the bet, you need to tuck your cards under the wager you want to “let ride”. This is your first opportunity to withdraw.
- The dealer reveals the second community card.
- Based on your hand, you decide if you want to retract the second wager. If you do, you tuck your cards under your second bet.
- Each player reveals their cards in rotation. The player with the best hand is paid out according to the Let It Ride paytable. You can place side bets like the Three-Card Bonus to earn more.
- You play again.
As mentioned above, the aim of the game is to build the best possible hand combination with the cards dealt to you. Your hand is made up of three hole cards and two community cards.
Hands are ranked according to standard poker hand variations, but the only pairs that feature tens or better payout.
Also, the game does not feature traditional betting rounds. Instead, you place your full bet at the beginning of the round. Thereafter, in each “betting round”, you have a chance to retract part of your bet if you don’t like your hand.
Let It Ride has a basic strategy you can use to improve your chances of winning. You should always know when to let your wagers ride. Here are some tips to help you create the optimal strategy:
You should let your first bet ride if you have:
- Three cards leading to a straight flush
- A pair of 10s or better
- Three cards leading to a royal flush
You should let your second bet ride if you have:
- Four cards leading to a royal flush
- Four cards leading to a flush
- A pair of 10s or better
- Any four cards in an open-ended straight
- Any four high cards
Here is a list of all possible hands in Let It Ride as well as their odds and payouts:
|10s Pair or Better||25.42%||1:1|
|Three of a Kind||2.113%||3:1|
|Four of a Kind||0.026%||50:1|
Let It Ride generally has a house edge of around 2.40% if you are playing the optimal strategy perfectly. Otherwise, it has a standard of around 3.51%.
This is significantly higher than other versions of poker, including Texas Hold’em (2.19%) and Pai Gow Poker (1.46%)
If you have never tried this version of poker before, we suggest you give it a go. However, we don’t think it should be your go-to variation if you want to make money. There are far more giving games if that is your aim.
Other recommended poker guides: