Poker Pursuit online is a video poker game produced by Microgaming. Video poker is not the same game as regular casino poker. It’s a distinction players who are new to the world of online gaming might miss. What makes this variation of the game different and exciting is the fact that it seeks to combine aspects of regular poker and video poker into one.
Poker Pursuit is one of the older titles by Microgaming which explains why some players might not have heard about it. But, the game has interesting features and brings a unique touch to online poker, which makes it worth discussing. Poker Pursuit is currently still available at some casinos, while other casinos have put it on the back burner to give prevalence to newer versions.
Best Online Poker Casinos
Poker Pursuit Links
- Poker Pursuit Real Money
- How to Play Poker Pursuit
- Free Poker Pursuit Online
- Ranking Hands and their Payouts
- Special Features
Poker Pursuit games greatly resemble video poker games that many online gamblers love. The design of the game is neat and easy to navigate your way around. The paytable is seen at the top of the screen with your Poker Pursuit hand clearly displayed right beneath it. Tabs to adjust your bets, your bankroll balance and the help icon can be found at the bottom of the screen.
Poker Pursuit lends aspects from both casino poker and video poker and is played using a deck of 52 cards. Playing the game is fairly easy and there aren’t any complicated strategy or rules involved.
- At the start of each round, players are dealt three cards facing up. The aim of the game is to build the strongest hand and to beat the casino and your competitors. We’ll get into the various possible hands and their rankings later.
- Each round in the game is split into three separate stages, and each player is required to place a bet amount of their choosing to kick off that round. Based on the three cards you’ve been dealt, you have to decide if you want to call or raise your bet. The dealer will respond to whatever you choose.
- You will then receive your fourth card and again you’ll choose whether to call or raise after assessing your new hand with the additional card. A fifth and final card will be handed out. And, the best hand wins the round.
- Payout amounts for each hand vary between casinos. What you receive at one casino isn’t necessarily what you’ll receive at another. This is why its important to be selective. We recommend any of the casinos in our table for pleasant gaming experiences.
Before playing any casino game for real money, it’s always advisable to try the game for free first. Free play allows you to familiarize yourself with the game, and even test out a few strategies without any pressure or risk of losing your bet. Many casinos offer Poker Pursuit games in demo mode, you just have to find one that does. Once you’re comfortable with the rules and the casino software, you may go ahead and play Poker Pursuit for real money.
The table below lists the various possible hands in Poker Pursuit. The hands go in descending order with the payout value for each coin denomination displayed next to it. A royal flush is the best possible hand you can form in this game while a hand consisting of tens or better is the worst. It is also the minimum qualifying hand to receive a payout.
|Ranking hand||1 coin||2 coins||3 coins|
|Tens or better||2||4||6|
|Three of a kind||4||8||12|
|Four of a kind||50||100||150|
Poker Pursuit is aimed at intermediate-level poker players. There is no progressive jackpot, no wild cards and no double feature. It’s played using one deck of cards and the average minimum bet amount at casinos is $8 and the return to player (RTP) percentage of the game is 97%.
See Other Poker Guides