Progressive jackpot slots are aptly described as casino games that grow the pool prize with every wager that players make. Several progressive jackpot slots machines that are connected at a time, using a network across many casinos. The prize money is typically what draws players to play the game, with the jackpot growing incrementally until a player wins.
Progressive jackpot slots online have even more lucrative with the number of players not limited by the number of machines available on the casino floor. The casino lobby will typically display the latest progressive jackpot slot win in correspondence with the return to player percentage. Experts recommend that you choose a game with an RTP of above 95%. Go through our in-depth guide to find out how progressive jackpot slots work and the expert tips on the best way to win.
Online Slots Links
- Best Progressive Jackpot Slots Casinos
- How Progressive Jackpot Slots Work
- Progressive Slots vs Non-Progressive Slot Machines
- Progressive Jackpots FAQs
Progressive jackpot games consist of multiple slots that are connected together to contribute to one central jackpot pool. Each and every player that wagers on the game that is part of the network of games will contribute to the overall pool prize. Unlike non-progressive slot machines, there are certain requirements that players need to meet in order to qualify for a progressive jackpot prize:
- Firstly, players have to hit the winning combination consisting of symbols with the highest payout. These symbols are typically special icons (scatter or wild symbols) that are theme related to the slot machine. Additionally, they have to appear in the stated number of reels before you can unlock the jackpot.
- Progressive slot jackpot winners also have to wager the maximum betting limit per spin. Even though all bets that players make contribute to the jackpot irrespective of the amount, the jackpot is only activated by maximum-credit bets.
- In some games, players are tracked to check the number of maximum bets they make. Players would need 5-10 maximum bets to qualify for the progressive jackpot.
These games are both lucrative, but there is a distinction between the two:
- A non-progressive jackpot is a slot jackpot that is not connected in a network with other remote slots machines. It is fixed to a specific single machine and features the most jackpot in comparison.
- Progressive slots generally display the jackpot amount at the lobby to attract players includes a potential payout that is triggered by getting the winning combination multiplied by the minimum qualifying bet.
Once someone wins, the jackpot is reset to the base jackpot amount. This process makes sure that the casino does not provide any seed money for the jackpot since the minimum that can be won would be the amount the gamblers would typically get for hitting the jackpot-winning combination.
What are progressive slots?
Progressive slots are slots machines linked together in a network that forms part of a single pool. The gameplay is similar to non-progressive slots, with bonus rounds and free spins. The difference is that each bet contributes to a large progressive jackpot which grows more quickly when players do not win.
Should I play progressive slots?
Yes, we recommend that players try their luck at playing a progressive jackpot at least once to win a life-changing jackpot prize. They are a lot more expensive to play, so players should not play progressive slots thinking that it’s the only way they will make money.
What’s the best strategy for slot machines?
The best strategy for slots machines is knowing the best time to play at a casino. There are times where more players frequent the casino and that decreases your chances of winning. You should play slots when fewer players are trying to win the same jackpot you are trying to win.
How do you win a progressive jackpot?
You can win a progressive jackpot by betting max coins on each payline and making sure that each spin you bet the same betting range. Depending on the game, you will most likely have to unlock the jackpot round by landing three or more scatter symbols on the reels.
What is the best time to play slots at a casino?
The best time to play slots at a casino is when there aren’t a lot of players vying for the same jackpot. You will need to pick the game that has had a big jackpot for a while and trust that lady luck is on your side. The time is usually in the mornings and in the evenings.
How often do progressive jackpots hit?
On average, a progressive jackpot is hit at least twice a week. These are progressive jackpots not in the millions. The type of jackpot prizes that reach millions of dollars usually stretches for a period of months where players keep playing but do not win.
Check out our other slots guides: