Enjoy playing video poker online? Well, gamblers can play all the favorites, such as Jacks or Better and Deuces Wild Since, from the comfort of their own home. Online video poker real money games are incredibly popular at the best online gambling sites. The reason is simple; the game meshes strategy and luck to create truly thrilling and memorable gaming experiences. Nowadays, there are hundreds of free online video poker games that a player may have trouble getting started.
If you would like to learn more about playing video poker online, you certainly have come to the right place! Below we go through all players need to know about playing video poker at top casino sites. This includes how to play the game, the video poker online gambling variations available, some tips and tricks as well as the history of the game among other things. So, read on and find out all you need to know about playing video poker at top online casinos!
Looking for the best video poker sites? Well, look do have a look at the casinos listed below. Each has got a load of wonderful video poker variations available to play for free or real money.
Video Poker Online Links
- Best Online Video Poker Sites
- Real Money Video Poker Games Online
- Play Free Online Video Poker Games
- How to Play Video Poker Online
- How We Rate the Best Video Poker Casinos
- Video Poker Online Gambling Tips & Tricks
- History of Video Poker
- Best Online Video Poker Real Money FAQs
It is important to note that there are hundreds of video poker for real money games available online. Many of the best casino sites offer a great number of them. Some of the most video poker online games include the following:
- Jacks or Better – also known as draw poker, this is the most popular variation of the game available online. All that players need to earn a payout is a hand of “jacks or better”, as the name pretty much already indicates.
- Ace and Faces – this is a popular variation of Jacks or Better. The deviation comes in the fact that players are paid more for four of a kind hand that features either Aces or Faces.
- Deuces Wild – in this variation, deuces are seen as wild cards meaning that players are able to finish more possible winning hands. As expected in such situations, the payouts aren’t as high in this variation.
- Joker Poker – as the name may already imply, the joker is used in this variation of the game. It acts as the wild card, so as with Deuces Wild, players are able to finish more winning combinations.
Although these are the most popular poker video online games, there are so many others available to play. We recommend visiting one of our recommended casinos to find out what exactly is in store for players.
It is possible to play video poker free online. It is even possible to play in free online video poker tournaments. There are so many sites that offer free versions of the game, including a wide number of the best online video poker casinos. There are a couple of reasons every player should have a good look at playing video poker online. These include the following:
- When you play video poker online free of any charge, you give yourself an opportunity to learn how the game works. This could be the game as a whole, or maybe a variation specific to one of the best online casinos for video poker.
- Free online video poker machines give you a chance to keep playing the game even if your bankroll is depleted. This means that even though you may not have any funds to gamble with, you will still be able to play the game. You won’t win any real money, but you should be playing for the fun of it anyway.
- Free games give you a chance to practice strategy in particular online casino video poker games without needing to risk any of your bankroll to do so.
Video poker often seems like somewhat of scary online casino game to players who are not at all familiar with it. However, that couldn’t be further from the truth as the game is extremely easy to play and not at all confusing. If you would like to learn how to play video poker as a whole to improve your chances at the best video poker sites, make sure to read on down below:
- Place Your Bet – every poker game starts with an ante bet (bet placed before the cards are dealt.) Once you have placed a bet, you are ready to have your cards dealt. If you’re playing online, you’ll just need to click the “deal” button to get cards.
- Build Your Hand – here you have a look at your cards, and decide which you are going to hold to and which you are going to throw back into the deck.
- Croupier Deals Again – players get cards to replace those that they discarded. They now have an opportunity to bet on their hand again or to fold.
- Collect Your Winnings – if you have been lucky enough to win anything with your hand, you’ll be able to collect your winnings. Otherwise, play again to see whether or not you’ll be lucky this time.
Video Poker Hands Explained
Here at Gambling360.com, we are earnest in our task of recommending the best video poker casinos sites. We put every casino we come across through a strict reviewing process to ensure that we really do recommend the casinos with best games to our players. Some of the factors we focus on include the following:
- Bonuses & Promotions – a good bonus can add a load of extra funds to your bankroll, which is why we search for video poker casinos with best promotions. We have a look at not only the cash amount they provide players with but also the terms and conditions surrounding the deal so that players are able to make informed decisions.
- Safety – we ensure that we only recommend casinos that are safe to use to our players so that they do not have to worry about having their information stolen by third-parties or about playing rigged games. This means checking to see whether a casino is registered with a trusted industry authority and that games are tested on the regular.
- Mobile – we know that most players access casino games on their mobile phones these days, which is why we try to find casinos that offer players the opportunity to play video poker in specific on their mobile devices.
- Payout Speeds – nobody likes waiting three hundred years and a day to receive the money that is due to them, which is why we try to focus on finding quick payout casinos for our video poker fans.
- Variety – not all players are interested in playing the same old, tired Jacks or Better video poker title. We try to find casinos with a long list of variations so that all of our video poker fans will find a game they truly love.
It is very hard to set out some definitive real money video poker tips and tricks that will across all variations of the game as there are so many different versions. Thus, we’ll just provide players with a list of general tips that are sure to get you at the very least thinking more strategically about the game:
- Start Out with Jacks or Better – as previously mentioned, this is the most popular version of the game. It is also the easiest to play. We recommend that players use basic strategy while playing online and they’ll reduce house edge to 0.5%.
- Check a Game’s Payout Structure – if you are playing video poker online, you want to make sure that you play the variation of the game you would like to at the casino that is going to payout the most at reasonable odds.
- Keep Winning Hands – it is very hard to craft a winning hand, so we never recommend getting rid of cards that complete one. This is especially true if you have a hand that features three of a kind or better.
- Stick to Your Bankroll – it is always important to remember that you should never bet more than 10% of your bankroll at any given time. Making large bets on a single hand is a good way to end your play session quickly.
Not to be confused with the original from of poker, which was created some time during the early 1900s, or the first slot machine which was created sometime between 1887 and 1895, the first video poker game created in 1979 by a company called SIRCOMA, who would later go on to become International Game Technology.
The game became viable to produce when it became possible to combine television monitors with solid state processing units sometime during the late 1970s. (It is not by accident that this was also the time that the first early personal computers started being produced.) During the 1980s, video poker grew to become incredibly popular with patrons at brick-and-mortar casinos, particularly in Las Vegas.
Players generally tend to prefer casino online poker video games because they offer better odds than other slot games. They also tend to allow players to focus on developing a specific online video poker strategy that could in some way impact the outcome of the game, even if only minimally.
Today, video poker is also available at casino and gaming sites across the world. They are some of the most played games at these sites and also have paid players some ridiculous cash prizes. It doesn’t seem as if this game is going anywhere for the time being.
Check out our other casino game guides:
Are video poker machines really random?
Video poker machines make use of RNG systems to determine the results of hands. This means a game assigns numbers to each card and/or hand and then generates results by randomizing these numbers.
How do you play video poker?
Video poker games combine the best parts of slots and poker. The game works as a bit of a hybrid in that you try to create poker combinations with your hand. If you understand the rules of poker, you already know how to play in terms of variations you need to look out for when playing video poker.
What video poker game has best odds?
The odds players face in a casino online video poker game depends on the variation they are playing. It is generally thought that Deuces Wild provides players with the best chance of winning. Players can generally expect their odds of receiving a particular hand to look somewhat like this:
- Royal Flush – 1/649740
- Straight Flush – 1/72193
- Four of a Kind – 1/4165
- Full House – 1/694
- Flush – 1/509
- Straight – 1/255
- Three of a Kind – 1/147
- Two Pairs – 1/21
Can you win at video poker?
There is no way to guarantee a win in video poker games. Although we have outlined a few tips and strategies to keep in mind while playing above, all they aim to do is possibly increase your chances of winning. They do not secure you wins in any shape or form.
Can you cheat at video poker?
To say that no player has ever been able to cheat at online video poker would be a lie. However, we wouldn’t recommend trying to do so as casinos will ban you from playing at their sites if they catch you doing so. In addition, you will probably have to pay back the winnings too.
Is video poker better than slots?
This is dependent on the player. Some players prefer the big wins that can be gained by playing slots, whereas others like the slightly more structured nature that comes with playing video poker games. It all really depends on you as a player.
Is video poker beatable?
Well, as mentioned before on our other game guides, this would suggest that video poker is a game of skill and it isn’t. With regards to whether you can win video poker games or not, players have a chance of winning any fair casino game. Obviously, some bets offer better odds of a return than others.
What online video poker variations are available?
There are loads of different video poker games available online. Some of our favorites at the best online video poker sites include the following:
- Aces and Faces
- Deuces Wild
- Three Card Poker
- Jacks or Better
- Double Bonus
What is a straight in online video poker?
This is the second-best possible hand after the royal flush. Basically, it could be any five cards in a row of the same suit other than those that make the royal flush. They provide one of the best online video poker payouts.
Where can I play legal online video poker?
Well, the answer to this question is more dependent on the laws in the state in which you live more than anything else. If you live in a state in which gambling online is against the law, you are going to have a hard time finding any legal place to play video poker games. However, if there are no laws against online gambling in your state, we recommend having a look at all of the casinos we have recommended above.
Who invented video poker?
There is some debate over who invented the first poker machine. Sittman and Pitt Company created the first poker machine in 1891. Although this was the precursor to modern machines, it did not have the same features. Then, in 1901, slot machine inventor Charles Fey created draw poker machine that worked similarly to his slots. The poker machine as we know it today was invented by SIRCOMA (now known as IGT).
Where can I play free online casino video poker games?
Play free video poker online at any of our recommended casino sites. Each of our sites allow players to try out games for free to find out how the game work and try out new tips and strategies to see what works.
Which is the best video poker casino?
If you are looking for the best video poker online casino, we thoroughly recommend having a good look at any of the casinos listed above. They are sure to provide players with some amazing opportunities to play a wide variety of poker games online.