Online video poker games are extremely popular in the United States. Since being introduced in brick-and-mortar casinos in 1979, the casino game has grown to become a favorite of US players all around the country. The reason is simple; the game meshes strategy and luck to create truly thrilling and memorable gaming experiences. Nowadays, there are hundreds of different video poker games available online at the best US online gambling sites, each providing gamblers ample opportunity to play their favorite variation.
If you would like to learn more about playing video poker online in the USA, you certainly have come to the right place! Below we go through all US players need to know about playing video poker at top casino sites. This includes how to play the game, the different variations available, some tips and tricks as well as the history of the game among other things. So, read on and find out all you need to know about playing video poker at online casinos USA!
Play Video Poker Online Here
Looking for the best video poker sites? Well, look do have a look at the casinos listed below. Each has got a load of wonderful video poker variations available to play for free or real money.
What You’ll Find In Our Video Poker
- How to Play Video Poker Online
- Best Video Poker Games Online
- Video Poker Tips & Tricks
- Play Free Online Video Poker Games
- History of Video Poker
- Online Video Poker USA FAQs
Poker often seems like somewhat of scary gambling game to players who are not at all familiar with it. However, that couldn’t be further from the truth as the game is extremely easy to play and not at all confusing. If you would like to learn how to play poker as a whole, make sure to read on down below:
- Place Your Bet – every poker game starts with an ante bet (bet placed before the cards are dealt.) Once you have placed a bet, you are ready to have your cards dealt. If you’re playing online, you’ll just need to click the “deal” button to get cards.
- Build Your Hand – here you have a look at your cards, and decide which you are going to hold to and which you are going to throw back into the deck.
- Croupier Deals Again – players get cards to replace those that they discarded. They now have an opportunity to bet on their hand again or to fold.
- Collect Your Winnings – if you have been lucky enough to win anything with your hand, you’ll be able to collect your winnings. Otherwise, play again to see whether or not you’ll be lucky this time.
Video Poker Hands Explained
It is important to note that there are hundreds of different video poker games available online. Many of the best US casino sites offer a great number of them. Some of the most popular variations online include the following:
- Jacks or Better – also known as draw poker, this is the most popular variation of the game available online. All that players need to earn a payout is a hand of “jacks or better”, as the name pretty much already indicates.
- Ace and Faces – this is a popular variation of Jacks or Better. The deviation comes in the fact that players are paid more for four of a kind hand that features either Aces or Faces.
- Deuces Wild – in this variation, deuces are seen as wild cards meaning that players are able to finish more possible winning hands. As expected in such situations, the payouts aren’t as high in this variation.
- Joker Poker – as the name may already imply, the joker is used in this variation of the game. It acts as the wild card, so as with Deuces Wild, players are able to finish more winning combinations.
Although these are the most popular poker video online games, there are so many others available to play. We recommend visiting one of our recommended casinos to find out what exactly is in store for players.
It is very hard to set out some definitive video poker tips and tricks that will across all variations of the game as there are so many different versions. Thus, we’ll just provide players with a list of general tips that are sure to get you at the very least thinking more strategically about the game:
- Start Out with Jacks or Better – as previously mentioned, this is the most popular version of the game. It is also the easiest to play. We recommend that players use basic strategy while playing online and they’ll reduce house edge to 0.5%.
- Check a Game’s Payout Structure – if you are playing video poker online, you want to make sure that you play the variation of the game you would like to at the casino that is going to payout the most at reasonable odds.
- Keep Winning Hands – it is very hard to craft a winning hand, so we never recommend getting rid of cards that complete one. This is especially true if you have a hand that features three of a kind or better.
- Stick to Your Bankroll – it is always important to remember that you should never bet more than 10% of your bankroll at any given time. Making large bets on a single hand is a good way to end your play session quickly.
It is possible to play video poker free online. There are so many sites that offer free versions of the game, including a wide number of the best online video poker casinos. There are a couple of reasons every player should have a good look at playing video poker online. These include the following:
- When you play video poker online free of any charge, you give yourself an opportunity to learn how the game works. This could be the game as a whole, or simply just the online variation.
- Free online video poker machines give you a chance to keep playing the game even if your bankroll is depleted. This means that even though you may not have any funds to gamble with, you will still be able to play the game. You won’t win any real money, but you should be playing for the fun of it anyway.
- Free games give you a chance to practice strategy in particular online casino video poker games without needing to risk any of your bankroll to do so.
Not to be confused with the original from of poker, which was created some time during the early 1900s, or the first slot machine which was created sometime between 1887 and 1895, the first video poker game created in 1979 by a company called SIRCOMA, who would later go on to become International Game Technology.
The game became viable to produce when it became possible to combine television monitors with solid state processing units sometime during the late 1970s. (It is not by accident that this was also the time that the first early personal computers started being produced.) During the 1980s, video poker grew to become incredibly popular with patrons at brick-and-mortar casinos, particularly in Las Vegas.
Players generally tend to prefer playing video poker games because they offer better odds than other slot games. They also tend to allow players to focus on developing a specific online video poker strategy that could in some way impact the outcome of the game, even if only minimally.
Today, video poker is also available at casino and gaming sites across the United States. They are some of the most played games at these sites and also have paid players some ridiculous cash prizes. It doesn’t seem as if this game is going anywhere for the time being.
Check out our other casino game guides:
Who invented video poker?
There is some debate over who invented the first poker machine. Sittman and Pitt Company created the first poker machine in 1891. Although this was the precursor to modern machines, it did not have the same features. Then, in 1901, slot machine inventor Charles Fey created draw poker machine that worked similarly to his slots. The poker machine as we know it today was invented by SIRCOMA (now known as IGT).
How do video poker machines work?
Video poker machines make use of RNG systems to determine the results of hand. This means a game assigns numbers to each card and/or hand and then generates results by randomizing these numbers.
What are the odds in video poker?
While this is ultimately dependent on the variation of the game, players can generally expect their odds of receiving a particular hand to look somewhat like this:
- Royal Flush – 1/649740
- Straight Flush – 1/72193
- Four of a Kind – 1/4165
- Full House – 1/694
- Flush – 1/509
- Straight – 1/255
- Three of a Kind – 1/147
- Two Pairs – 1/21
Which video poker variations are available online?
There are loads of different video poker games available online. Some of our favorites at the best online video poker sites include the following:
- Aces and Faces
- Deuces Wild
- Three Card Poker
- Jacks or Better
- Double Bonus
What is a straight in video poker?
This is the second best possible hand after the royal flush. Basically, it could be any five cards in a row of the same suit other than those that make the royal flush. They provide one of the best online video poker payouts.
Which is the best video poker casino?
If you are looking for the best video poker online casino, we thoroughly recommend having a good look at any of the casinos listed above. They are sure to provide players with some amazing opportunities to play a wide variety of poker games online.