Deuces wild is a well-known variation of video poker that you can play at an online casino. The game uses a 52 deck of cards. Deuce means 2 and, in this game, the number 2 card is deuces wild and can substitute any card to create the best winning hand. This function makes winning so much easier, but it also makes the payouts so much tighter. Other great video poker variations include jacks or better, tens or better and aces and eights.
Best Video Poker Casino Sites
Deuces Wild Card Game Rules
Playing Deuces wild is straight forward because there are no complicated rules to try to understand. It is played similarly to the other variants. Basically, what happens is, you place a bet before you are dealt your cards and this applies to all players. How much you decide to bet is up to you. Once all bets have been placed, the dealer will hand you five cards. You have the choice to hold all the cards you’ve been dealt, or you can discard them in the hopes of receiving a better set of cards. The overall aim, once you have your cards, is to create the best possible winning hand. We explain the various winning hands in deuces wild video poker games next.
Deuces Wild Winning Hands
In order to form the best hand, you need to know the value of every card and arrange your hand accordingly. The highest paying hand in the game is a royal flush. The lowest paying hand is three of a kind. The table below shows them from highest-ranking to the lowest ranking.
|Natural Royal Flush||King, queen, ace and jack. All same suite|
|Four Deuces||Four number 2 cards|
|Wild Royal Flush||This is like a royal flush except it contains two or more number 2 cards|
|Five of a Kind||4 cards with the same value and the number 2 card|
|Straight Flush||5 Cards belonging to the same suit with consecutive numbers|
|Four of a Kind||Four cards with the same face value|
|Full House||3 cards with the same face value, and 2 other cards|
|Flush||5 cards belonging to the same suite|
|Straight||5 cards whose numbers go in consecutive order but belong to different suites|
|Three of a kind||Three cards with the same face value|
Basic Strategy to Win
Deuces wild has a few basic strategies that you can use to win. The suggestions we make below is easy to follow. This strategy can be used by first time players and advanced players. So, when you have been dealt any of the following hands, here’s what you can do.
- Four cards before you reach a royal flush – Hold 4 cards and draw 1.
- When you have four of a kind – Hold 4 cards and draw 1.
- When you have 3 of a kind – Hold 3 and draw 2
- When you have 4 cards to a straight flush – Keep 4 cards and draw 1.
- When you have 3 to a royal flush – Hold 4 and draw 1.
- When you have one pair – Hold 2 and draw 3 cards
- When you have 4 to a flush – Keep four cards and draw 1
- When you have 4 to a straight – Keep 4 and draw 1
- When you have 3 to a straight flush – Keep three cards, draw 2 cards
- Two cards to a royal flush – keep 2 cards and draw 3 new cards
- If you have none of the above, keep none and draw 5 new cards.
See Other Video Poker Guides