Tonight’s limited NHL schedule will feature the Ottawa Senators at Carolina Hurricanes. Both teams come into the game feeling the pressure somewhat although there is clearly one team on better footing. The Ottawa Senators started the season off pretty terribly but seem to be trying to turn it around with them coming into the game on a two-match winning streak with the last one actually being a 4-1 victory against the Hurricanes in Canada.
The Hurricanes come into the game on a four-game losing streak that has seen them drop games against struggling teams such as the New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils. While this one may have appeared to have a clear favorite a few weeks ago, this is no longer the case with the Senators attempting a comeback and the Hurricanes hitting a rough patch. Who will win in this matchup?
Ottawa Senators at Carolina Hurricanes Predictions
Before we have a look at the predictions, here’s what we looked at in making them:
- The Ottawa Senators come into the game with a record of 6-9-1 overall. They are terrible when they’re on the road, having posted an away record of 1-5-1 so far. Their last 10 has seen them go 5-5-0. Bear in mind that their sole away victory in their last 10 played against the New York Rangers.
- Anders Nilsson is projected to start in goal tonight. He has gone 4-3-1 when on the ice, which is even. This season so far, he has posted a goals against average of 2.67 and a save percentage of .930. His last game against the Hurricanes saw him let in a single goal. If he does not start tonight, Craig Anderson will. Anderson has a record of 2-6, a goals against average of 3.2 and a save percentage of .897.
- The Carolina Hurricanes come into the game with a record of 9-7-1 and a home record of 6-3-0. They have been absolutely terrible in their last ten games with a record of 3-6-1. As mentioned above, they are a currently on a four-game losing streak, which has seen them give up points against the Ottawa Senators already.
- Petr Mrazek is projected to be starting tonight’s game in goal for the Hurricanes. Mrazek started the season pretty well, posting a record of 7-3-1, a goals against average of 2.56 and a save percentage of .904. His last game was a loss against the New York Rangers where he allowed three goals past him. If Mrazek does not start, James Reimer will take the helm, and he has got a record of 2-4-0 and a goals against average of 3.09. He started against the Senators in their last match, so we think it doubtful he’ll play again so soon.
- The Carolina Hurricanes outrank the Ottawa Senators in all key offensive and defensive metrics, including average goals, goal allowed, and shots on goal allowed.
With all that said, here are our predictions for the Ottawa Senators at Carolina Hurricanes:
- Moneyline – we think that the Hurricanes are good for a win. Although the Senators may seemingly be on an upswing, we think that it’s going to be hard to get a victory against the Hurricane in Carolina, especially with the Senators being so terrible on the road.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 24-26
Ottawa Senators at Carolina Hurricanes Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news here:
- Arizona Coyotes at Washington Capitals Predictions & Odds 11/11/19
- Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings Predictions & Odds 11/8/19
- Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Islanders Predictions & Odds 11/7/19
- Detroit Red Wings at New York Rangers Predictions & Odds 11/6/19
- Vegas Golden Knights at Columbus Blue Jackets Predictions & Odds 11/5/2019