There is a big NFC East matchup this week with the Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys in what may be one of the deciding matches for the division. Both teams come into the game off a loss and with a record of 3-3.
The Cowboys will be looking to get back on the right track after suffering three straight defeats in a row. The team, which started the season off well, seems to crumble when facing more challenging opposition.
The Eagles enter the matchup off a single loss against the defensively capable Minnesota Vikings. A lot of pressure has been placed on the shoulders of starting quarterback Carson Wentz. This is despite strong showings in certain areas of his game with the team having expected to be a Super Bowl contender this year. Who will win in this matchup between two of the league’s biggest underperformers?
Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys Predictions
Before we get into the prediction making, let’s have a look at some of the Eagles and Cowboys stats going into this matchup:
- Although many questions have been asked of Carson Wentz this season, the Eagle starting quarterback isn’t actually performing all that badly. Last week against the Vikings, he threw for 306 yards, two touchdowns and an interception. Thus far this season overall, he has thrown 1,458 yards, 12 touchdowns, and three interceptions.
- Cowboys starting quarterback Dak Prescott has thrown for more yards than Wentz but has also suffered more interceptions for fewer touchdowns. His overall record thus far stands at 1,884 yards, had 11 touchdowns, and six interceptions. Prescott also recorded no touchdowns in the Cowboys’ last game against the Jets. With three interceptions recorded against the Packers, he also seems to struggle against stronger teams.
- With regards to defense, the Cowboys are ranked 9th overall with yards allowed per game at 331.8; whereas the Eagles are ranked 14th with a total of 353 yards.
- Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is having a strong season having rushed for a total of five touchdowns and 491 yards this season. His average is around 4.3 yards. He is going to have a tough time against the Eagles though, who are ranked 2nd with regard to rushing yards allowed.
- The Cowboys won both matches against the Eagles last season.
Given all this, here are our predictions for the upcoming game:
- Moneyline – we’re going with underdog for the win – the Philadelphia Eagles. While Dallas seems to be a stronger team, the last three weeks have shown that they are very capable of faltering when put under enough pressure. The Eagles have already picked up some big wins against challenging opposition, whereas Dallas seem to be lucky that Eli Manning started the season for the Giants, and that they then got to play the two worst teams in the league.
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 17-11 (Parlays: 0-2)
Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NFL betting news here:
- San Francisco 49ers at Washington Redskins Preview, Predictions & Odds
- New Orleans Saints at Chicago Bears Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds
- Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos Preview, Picks, Predictions & Odds
- Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers Predictions & Betting Odds
- Philadelphia Eagles at Minnesota Vikings Preview, Predictions & Betting Odds