Both the Philadelphia Eagles and Minnesota Vikings have been going through the 2019 NFL season with varying performances. This has had fans asking many questions about whether or not either will make it to the playoffs this year. Both teams come into this game with a 3-2 records as well as rather decisive wins against New York teams.
The Vikings needed the win after a loss against the Bears, which led many fans to speculate about the future of Kirk Cousins in the role of starting quarterback. Cousins responded by throwing for 306 yards and two touchdowns against the Giants, in which he was able to at least land passes further than 15 yards.
The Eagles went into their last game against the New York Jets riding high off a victory off the rather dominant Green Bay Packers. Quarterback Carson Wentz has always (and probably always will have) fans and bettors questioning his ability to lead the team. But thus far he hasn’t done too badly, being quick to make good decisions. So, who seems to have the edge in this big NFC clash?
Philadelphia Eagles at Minnesota Vikings Predictions
Here’s a look at a few key stats of both the Vikings and Eagles that bettors should take into consideration before placing their wagers:
- Both the Eagles and the Vikings are run defensive powerhouses this season. Thus far, the Eagles are ranked first in the league in terms of yards allowed at an average of 63 per game, while the Vikings are ranked third with an average of 166 per game. This may make it difficult for any running plays to work on either side.
- Generally, the Vikings are good at home. Since the opening of the U.S. Bank Stadium in 2017, the team has posted an overall record of 20-7 in front of their home crowd. Thus far, they are unbeaten when playing at their own stadium.
- The Eagles come into this game with a number of injuries thinning out the capabilities of their squad, including wide receiver DeSean Jackson and running back Darren Sproles. These issues might have a nagging influence on the upcoming game.
- Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins has not been all too impressive when put up against opposition with strong defensive lines. He faltered against the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers, only managing to score one touchdown in the two matches, while recording two interceptions.
So, with all this said and done, here are our predictions for Philadelphia Eagles at Minnesota Vikings:
- Moneyline – we feel that while the Vikings are very strong at home, they had a bit of a mixed season thus far, and have put out rather questionable performances when their offense is put to the test. The Eagles have already beat the Packers, who are arguably the best team in the NFC North; we think that they’ll be able to go 2-1 against the division with a win over the Vikings.
Kim’s NFL Record so far: 13-9 (Parlays: 0-2)
Philadelphia Eagles at Minnesota Vikings Odds
Check out the latest NFL betting news here:
- San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Rams Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds
- New Orleans Saints at Jacksonville Jaguars Preview, Predictions & Odds
- Seattle Seahawks at Cleveland Browns Picks, Predictions and Odds
- Washington Redskins at Miami Dolphins Preview, Predictions & Odds
- New York Giants at New England Patriots Predictions & Betting Odds