Pittsburgh Penguins at Colorado Avalanche Predictions, Picks & Odds 1/10/20
The NHL action continues tonight with the Pittsburgh Penguins at Colorado Avalanche for what is sure to be a rather interesting interconference clash. Both teams rank third in their respective divisions with both having a chance to climb in rankings if they pick up a win. The Penguins come into this game on a one-game winning streak. Their last match saw them pick up a 4-3 win over the Vegas Golden Knights on the road, which is no easy feat.
The Colorado Avalanche come into this match on a two-game losing streak. The team has been in a bit of bad form recently, dropping more games than they would have liked in their last 10 matches. Their last game saw them let five in against the New York Rangers on the road. This will be their first home game in three matches and they will be looking to turn the narrative around. It’s a shame that it is against opposition as challenging as the Penguins. So, who will win in this matchup between the Penguins and the Avalanche?
Pittsburgh Penguins at Colorado Avalanche Predictions
Before we get into all the prediction-making, here are some stats you need to keep in mind about both the Penguins and Avalanche:
- The Pittsburgh Penguins come into the game with a record of 26-12-5. Their overall record on the road is 10-7-2, whereas their record in their last 10 is 7-2-1. All of this points to form and the potential for a good victory. It is important to note that this will be the team’s second game on the road. Their last game saw them get one over on the Vegas Golden Knights in Vegas.
- Tristan Jarry is predicted to be starting for the Pittsburgh Penguins at goaltender tonight. Jarry has got a record of 14-6-1, a goals against average of 2.04 and a save percentage of .934. His last game was against the Golden Knights, which saw him let three goals past in a total of 34 shots. This makes for a save percentage of .911.
- The Colorado Avalanche come into this game with a record of 25-15-4. They’re better on the road than at home, with a record of 11-7-2 at home. They really have been going through a rough patch with a record of 3-6-1 in their last 10. They are currently also on a two-game loss streak. Their last two games saw them beaten in New York twice with the last being a 5-3 loss against the Rangers.
- Philipp Grubauer is predicted to be starting at goaltender for the Avalanche tonight. So, far this season he has posted a record of 12-10-3, a goals against average of 2.92 and a save percentage of .909. His last performance saw him let four goals in against a total of 28 shots for a save percentage of .857. His last win came against the New Jersey Devils on Sunday.
- Offensively, the Penguins and Avalanche seem pretty evenly matched. The one notable standout is that the Avalanche ranks second in the league for average goals per game and fourth for shooting percentage.
- Defensively, the Penguins vastly outrank the Avalanche in every metric outside of goals allowed where the Penguins are sixth and the Avalanche tenth.
With all this said, here are our betting recommendations for the Penguins/Avalanche matchup:
- Moneyline – take the Penguins line. We think that the Avalanche are in a bit of a rough patch at the moment and that their bad home record won’t allow for the comeback that they would like.
Pittsburgh Penguins at Colorado Avalanche Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out more NHL betting news here:
- Anaheim Ducks at New Jersey Devils Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 12/18/19
- Nashville Predators at New York Islanders Predictions, Picks & Odds 12/17/19
- Boston Bruins at Tampa Bay Lightning Predictions & Odds 12/12/19
- New York Rangers at Los Angeles Kings Prediction & Odds 12/10/19
- Anaheim Ducks at Washington Capitals Predictions & Odds 11/18/19