Week 9 of the 2019 NFL season will kick off with the San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals for a big NFC West clash. The two teams are having very different seasons with one potentially being a Super Bowl contender and other clutching on to the hope of making the Wild Card round. The 49ers enter the game undefeated this season so far having absolutely destroyed a respectable Carolina Panthers side 51-13 in Week 8.
The Arizona Cardinals enter the game with a 3-4-1 season record and off of a 31-9 defeat against the New Orleans Saints. The team is hoping to turn it around in this game despite their home record counting against them. Should bettors stick with the team that has not lost a game yet this season? Or will the Cardinals be the team to end the 49ers winning streak?
San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals Predictions
Before we get into any prediction making, here are some stats and facts that bettors should keep in mind about both the 49ers and Cardinals:
- The San Francisco 49ers have got one of the best defenses in the league at the moment. They rank first for average yards per game and passing yards allowed, second in points allowed per game, and third for third downs percentage. The only other team with pulling those defensive stats is the New England Patriots.
- The team’s offensive stats aren’t that bad either, ranking third in points per game and second in rushing yards. The team does have a strong set of running backs in the form of Matt Breida, Raheem Mostert, and Tevin Coleman.
- 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo isn’t pulling the stats that many would hope but he is getting the job done. This year so far, he has thrown for a total of 1489 yards and nine touchdowns against seven interceptions.
- On the other side, the Arizona Cardinals rank somewhere in between poor and average with their defense. One important thing to note is that they rank 14th in terms of rushing yards allowed, which could prove detrimental against a team with a strong running game like the 49ers.
- Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray is doing pretty well for a rookie who has arguably just joined the most competitive division in the NFC. This year so far, he has thrown for 1988 yards and seven touchdowns against four interceptions. He has shown he has the capabilities of leading the team to some big wins but he hasn’t gone up against the best defense in the league so far.
With all this said, here are our predictions for the San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals:
- Moneyline – the 49ers are the easy pick here. However, we wouldn’t even recommend making this bet as you probably won’t land up winning all that much with the 49ers playing a struggling team.
- Spread – we recommend going with a -11.5 49ers line. We think that the Cardinals aren’t doing well enough to get on the board all too often and that the 49ers are strong enough offensively to take a good lead.
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 28-18 (Parlays: 0-2)
San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NFL betting news here:
- Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers Week 8 Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/28/19
- New York Jets at Jacksonville Jaguars Predictions & Odds 10/27/19
- Cleveland Browns at New England Patriots Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds
- Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings Week 8 Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/24/19
- New England Patriots at New York Jets Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds