Week 7 will see the undefeated San Francisco 49ers at Washington Redskins for a match that seems fairly easy to predict. The two teams come into this game with very different narratives. As already mentioned, the 49ers are undefeated thus far, having gone 5-0, and shown that their defense is not at all easy to overcome. Jimmy Garoppolo may not have been every fan’s choice for starting quarterback but so far, he has been able to do well enough for the 49ers to get their wins.
The Washington Redskins come into this game off a victory over the Miami Dolphins. It was their first of the season, having gone 1-5 so far, and showing little potential of improvement. The team are hoping that the change in management (the Redskins fired Jay Gruden on 7 October) will lead to some better results but fans and bettors aren’t too hopeful. Is this game really as one sided as it looks?
San Francisco 49ers at Washington Redskins Predictions
Well, let’s have a look at some of the 49ers and Redskins stats, and find out whether this is really as easy as it seems.
- The 49ers have really surprised bettors this season. Many had thought the NFC West side was going to struggle but as previously mentioned, they are currently undefeated They are coming off a big win against the Los Angeles Rams, and performed even better against the Cleveland Browns the week before that. It is unsurprising that they have managed to go 4-1 against the spread thus far this season.
- The Redskins may be coming off a win, but it is off possibly the only team performing worse than they are this season – the Miami Dolphins. In that game, they almost managed to squander a good two touchdown lead but Miami just wanted to lose more.
- As previously alluded to, the 49ers Jimmy Garoppolo is not exactly the best starting quarterback. Overall, in passing he is ranked 21st of all having managed to throw seven touchdowns for five interceptions. He has also committed four fumbles. That said, he has been performing well enough for the 49ers to get the win. It also helps that the team has a capable rushing outfit.
- At Washington, Case Keenum is having a fair season despite his team’s terrible performances. He has managed to throw for nine touchdowns against four interceptions (most of which came in a single game).
With all that said, here are our betting recommendations for San Francisco 49ers at Washington Redskins:
- Moneyline – we wouldn’t even bother with a moneyline to be honest. Odds are so highly in favor of the 49ers (and rightly so) that bettors are promised little gains if they do win. However, if you insist, go with the 49ers.
- Spread – the Redskins have been pretty poor defensively this season, and the 49ers have shown themselves capable of putting some numbers on the board. We recommend chancing it with -11.5 in favor of the 49ers. (If their games against the Browns and Rams proved anything, it is that they’re fully capable of pulling it off).
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 17-11 (Parlays: 0-2)
San Francisco 49ers at Washington Redskins Odds