Week 6 will see the Seattle Seahawks at Cleveland Browns in a matchup that is sure to be interesting. Both teams come into the game under different circumstances. The Browns who have posted a 2-3 record thus far, have pretty much disappointed on all levels. Fans and bettors alike had hope that this would finally be the season that the team actually makes a real challenge for the Super Bowl, but instead all we’ve seen is Baker Mayfield get sacked time and time again, in addition to recording more interceptions than touchdowns.
The Seattle Seahawks, however, seem to be having a much better season by comparison. They come into a game fresh off a win off the Los Angeles Rams, and currently hold a record of 4-1. Quarterback Russel Wilson also seems to be having the best start to a season of his career. He has thrown for 12 touchdowns and has yet to throw an interception. If this form continues, it’s likely that we will be seeing the Seahawks in the playoffs. But what about this upcoming game?
Seattle Seahawks at Cleveland Browns Prediction
Well, before we get into making any predictions, let’s have a good look at some of the facts and stats surrounding the two teams in this matchup:
- In their last five games, the Seattle Seahawks have scored an average of 26.6 points per game, putting them at eighth in the league. On the other side, the Browns have only managed an average of 18.4, putting them at 25th in the league.
- The Seahawks were lucky to scrape a 30-29 victory against the Rams, after Rams kicker Greg Zuerlein missed a potential game winning kick with 11 seconds left on the clock.
- Seahawks Russell Wilson is ranked 3rd in overall quarterback standings compared to Baker Mayfield’s 32nd. In his previous game, Wilson managed to throw for 268 yards and four touchdowns. Mayfield, however, was unable to reach 100 yards against the 49ers.
- Freddie Kitchens seems unable to respond to appropriately to situations in which his team is being dominated. The Browns have already suffered two embarrassing defeats where all that their offense could muster was a field goal. A coaching change may soon be imminent if the situation does not change.
Now, with all this taken into account, here are our prediction for Seattle Seahawks at Cleveland Browns:
- Moneyline – although the Browns will be playing at home and some bettors may think it prudent to use the home underdogs strategy, the team seems to be a bit of a mess. Their inconsistent performances and failure to show up against big opposition all suggest that the Seahawks are prime to take this game. (It seems as if the NFC West is going to sweep the Browns.)
Kim’s NFL Record so far: 12-9 (Parlays: 0-2)
Seattle Seahawks at Cleveland Browns Betting Odds
Check out our other latest NFL news here:
- Washington Redskins at Miami Dolphins Preview, Predictions & Odds
- New York Giants at New England Patriots Predictions & Betting Odds
- Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers Preview, Predictions & Odds
- Minnesota Vikings at New York Giants Preview, Predictions & Betting Odds
- Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers Preview and Betting Lines