The NFL playoff action continues this weekend with the Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers for the second of two NFC Divisional clashes. Both teams come into the game following a season that saw some individual and team records broken. The Seahawks, arguably, had a harder path to the spot as part of the NFC West where nearly three teams made it through to the playoffs. Despite this, the season saw quarterback Russell Wilson complete another stellar season with stats that are making Seattle fans swoon.
However, it is the Green Bay Packers that come into this game as the favorites to win. The Packers have seemingly returned to form following long-time coach Mike McCarthy’s dismissal and Matt LaFleur’s appointment. The team when 13-3 throughout the regular season, tying for first place in the NFC with the New Orleans Saints and San Francisco 49ers. With Aaron Rodgers also having a great season, the team really seems on track to win their first Super Bowl title in nine years. Will they be able to do it or will the Seahawks prove to be too much for them?
Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers Prediction
Well, before we make any predictions, here are some stats about the Seahawks and Packers you got to keep in mind:
- The Seattle Seahawks enter this matchup having gone 12-5 throughout the season as a whole. Their last match saw them defeat the Philadelphia Eagles 17-9 in the Wild Card round, which saw Eagles starting quarterback Carson Wentz leave the field within the first quarter following a massive hit. The Seahawks played well but there is no denying that Wentz’s absence aided the team’s victory.
- Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson has had a season that has made him one of the frontrunners to win NFL MVP for the first time in his career. Throughout the regular season he threw for 4110 yards and 31 touchdowns and five interceptions. Against the Eagles, he threw for 325 yards and one touchdown thereby posting a rating of 108.3. He is a player that has the power to make the difference on the field.
- The Green Bay Packers have had a stellar regular season. They enter the season on a five-game winning streak, which saw some wins over their divisional rivals. The NFC North is another competitive division with the Minnesota Vikings making the playoffs in a wild card spot too. Needless to say, the team were tested throughout the season, and the fact that they were able to finish the season as one of the leaders of the NFC is saying something.
- Green Bay Packers quarterback had another stellar season. He led the league with the lowest interception percentage against attempted throws – the fourth time his career he has earned the accomplishment. He finished the regular season retaining the highest career quarterback rating in the league. Throughout the season, he threw for 4002 yards and 26 touchdowns against four interceptions. He too can lead the team to big wins when he is in form.
- Offensively, the Seahawks have got the Packers beat on every single key metric, including yards per game, points per game and third downs percentage. Defensively, the Packers have got the Seahawks beat in every single metric except average rushing yards.
Well, with all this said, here are our betting recommendations for the Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers NFC divisional playoff game:
- Moneyline – we’d go with the Seahawks on this one. They’re the underdog yes but we think that they have it in them to take it from Green Bay in Wisconsin, which isn’t exactly an easy feat. Russell Wilson is having an amazing season and will no doubt want to prove why he was MVP material for the 2019 regular season, in addition to leading the Seahawks to their second-ever Super Bowl win.
Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NFL news here:
- Tennessee Titans at Baltimore Ravens Picks, Predictions & Odds 1/12/20
- Jacksonville Jaguars Take Atlanta Falcons Betting Odds 12/22/2019
- Buffalo Bills at Pittsburgh Steelers Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 12/15/19
- New York Giants v Philadelphia Eagles Predictions & Odds 12/9/19
- Los Angeles Chargers at Jacksonville Jaguars Predictions, Picks & Odds 12/8/19
- Baltimore Ravens at Los Angeles Rams Predictions & Odds 11/25/19