The final match of Week 10 will be a big NFC West clash with the Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers. The Seattle Seahawks will probably be the biggest test the 49ers solid defense has faced yet. Also, Russell Wilson is arguably putting in a potential season MVP winning performance this year. The Seahawks come into this game off an overtime win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The team has experienced some narrow victories and struggled against more challenging teams but they have been winning nonetheless.
The San Francisco 49ers come into this matchup undefeated – the last such team in the league. Defensively, they have been on point with several teams struggling to score against them. That said, they did struggle in their last win against the Cardinals. So, who will win in this matchup that seemingly features the league’s best defense against the league’s best performing quarterback?
Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers Predictions
Well, before we give you our predictions, here are some stats and facts we used to make our decisions:
- The Seattle Seahawks have posted a record of 7-2 this season so far. They are on a two-game winning streak. They have fought hard to get the past two wins against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Atlanta Falcons.
- Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson has been on a hot streak. This year, he has thrown for 2,505 yards and 22 touchdowns against one interception. In his last game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, he threw for five touchdowns and 378 yards.
- The San Francisco 49ers are undefeated this season having gone 8-0. Their form has been a little inconsistent in the last two matches. Against the Carolina Panthers, the 49ers defense pulled out all the stops and made potential season MVP, Christian McCaffery look like a terrible player. However, against the Arizona Cardinals, the 49ers had to fight for the win.
- 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo helped his team win last week’s matchup but he is not on the same level as Wilson. This year so far, he has thrown for 1,806 yards and 13 touchdowns against seven interceptions. In his last game against the Cardinals, he threw for 317 yards and four touchdowns.
- Offensively, the 49ers out rank the Seahawks in all key stats except for two and those are average yards per game and passing yards (naturally). Outside of these two, the 49ers are ranked second or third in the league for all key stats.
- Defensively, the 49ers outrank the Seahawks in all but one stat and that is average rushing yards allowed, where the Seahawks are one above. Outside of this, the 49ers are ranked first, second, or third in pretty much all key metrics.
With all that said, here are our predictions for the upcoming Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers matchup:
- Moneyline – we’re going with the 49ers. Although we think that Russell Wilson will probably win season MVP this year, we don’t think that the Seahawks are collectively enough to get past the train that is the 49ers. Don’t let the Patriots defeat against the Ravens fool you into thinking that the 49ers are going to fall too.
Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NFL betting news:
- Buffalo Bills at Cleveland Browns Predictions & Odds 11/10/19
- New York Giants vs New York Jets Predictions & Odds 11/10/19
- Los Angeles Chargers at Oakland Raiders Predictions & Odds 11/7/19
- Miami Dolphins at Indianapolis Colts Predictions & Odds 11/10/19
- Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/4/19