Held every four years, 24 teams from across Europe compete to be crowned the best European football team. The tournament lasts for one month, and every soccer fan across the world has their eyes on Europe. Soccer Euro Cup betting is a great way to interact with the tournament and win some great rewards if you know how to choose the right team.
In this guide on Euro Cup betting, we’ll look at the best American online sports betting books for the Euro Cup. Also, we’ll explain how betting works in this soccer tournament, the odds and value bets, and some tips and strategies to help you make the most of your experience.
Best American Euro Cup Betting Sites
For American fans of European soccer, these are the top Euro Cup betting sites open to American bettors.
Euro Cup Betting Explained
There are various soccer Euro Cup betting markets open at every tournament. With the next one being held in 2020, let’s look at the most popular options available below.
This is a straightforward bet made either before the match starts or during play. It’s an outright bet that aims to predict the outcome for the entire tournament. This type of bet tends to have much higher payouts because of the unpredictable nature of knock-out competitions.
Group Winner Betting
Also, another type of outright bet that’s made before the competition begins. Bets are made before the Euro Cup starts because of the odds changing and shortening as matches are played throughout the group stages. Bettors pick a team that will come out on top at the end of the initial group stages.
To Qualify for Knockout Stage
This is the third type of outright bet in soccer Euro Cup betting. You’ll be betting on which team will earn enough points to move to the next stage of the competition.
Top Goal Scorer
Another outright bet that’s placed before the starts – this is when the bet has the best odds. This type of bet is about picking who will score the most goals during the Euro Cup. It’s important to note that the odds on this type of bet differs from each bookmaker.
1X2 Match Betting
This is the most common soccer bet. Bettors choose whether Team A will win, Team B will win, or the match will end in a draw.
Asian Handicap (AH) Betting
Firstly, let’s explain what a handicap is. This is when one side is given an advantage over the other side before the game starts. It’s then applied to the full-time results. Usually, the favourite or the underdog is backed using the AH method. A draw between the two teams isn’t a result. Let’s take a look at the three variants to the AH method:
- Asian handicap +/-0.25: In this AH method, a team is given a quarter-goal before kickoff. A bettor either wins, wins half, loses, or loses half their bet. A draw isn’t an option in this betting method. The favourite has a minus (-) next to them while the underdog has a plus (+).
- Asian handicap +/-0.5: the underdogs are given a half-goal – 0.5 – before match kickoff. Draws aren’t available and should the match end level; there are no payouts.
Over Under Goal Totals
This bet is about predicting the total number of goals scored in a match. Bettors can wager on a total number that either over or below a set number. Usually, in soccer, the set number is 2.5 goals.
A correct score bet is about predicting the exact scoreline of a match. It can also be specified to half-time scores and any-time scorelines.
First/Anytime Goal Scorer
Predict outcomes like who’ll score the first goal in a match, a player that’ll score at any time during the match, and the last player to score a goal in a tie.
Both Teams to Score (BTTS)
We would recommend this betting option if the odds of both teams scoring during the match are high. The BTTS bet type can be combined with a match winner outcome, or a first-half or second-half play.
Check out our other soccer guides:
- African Cup of Nations
- UEFA Champion’s League
- CONCAF Champion’s League
- Europa League
- Premier Leaue
- World Cup
Soccer Euro Cup Betting Odds
Betting odds around soccer and the Euro Cup can appear daunting because of all the numbers and symbols involved. However, they are important and help you figure out which is the potential winning team.
There are three different types of odds in the soccer Euro Cup betting market. Let’s take a look at them below.
The decimal odds show the likelihood of something happening. This likelihood is called ‘implied probability’. Decimal odds are simply inverted probabilities. They’re easy to calculate which is why they’ve become so popular. Implied probability can be calculated using the following formula:
Implied probability = 1/ decimal odds
For example, let’s say the odds bookies are offering on Italy winning the Euro Cup are 4.50 (the decimal odds). So, the probability Italy will win is:
Implied probability = 1/ 4.50 = 0.222
What this means is that bookmakers think that Italy has a 22.2% chance of winning the cup.
Secondly, we have fractional odds. These are mainly used in the UK, so we won’t go into too much detail. These odds reflect your total profits and not the usual total return of bet.
Another name for this type of odds is moneyline odds. This bet type is popular in America and its when the bettor has to pick the winner of the tournament. Betting on the underdog has more money than the favourite.
Soccer Euro Cup Betting Tip and Strategies
Betting on sports is a financially rewarding activity that’s supposed to be fun and entertaining. Here are a few tips and strategies on how to make the most of your soccer Euro Cup betting experience.
- Do your research: experience and knowledge will put you at a greater advantage when it comes to placing bets. Research the bets you are making. It’s important to understand the background of each fixture in order to make a profit and not get caught up.
- Compare odds: different bookies offer different betting odds. Take the time to compare the odds of your favorite betting sites to make sure you’re maximising your profit return.
- Make use of live betting: in-play betting has become hugely popular among soccer fans. Using stats from ongoing fixtures make it possible to judge which team is owning the field.
- Consider long-shot bets: remember, that when taking these bets, the match outcome is expected to be unfavourable. Be patient and have nerves of steel. You’ll have to place money on long odds which can be disheartening when you’re experiencing losses. However, the potential for returns is much higher than standard bets.
Soccer Euro Cup betting can be a fun and exciting experience. American bettors who are fans of soccer have a thrilling championship to watch through the month of June. Find the best soccer Euro Cup betting sites on gambling 360 today.