English Premier League betting (also known as EPL betting) is the most popular form of soccer betting around the world, including the United States. The thrilling soccer league is home to some of the most famous clubs and rivalries within the sport, which all makes for an intense viewing experience filled with high energy. US gamblers love to bet on the league because it just adds so much more to the overall experience.
If you are keen to learn more about betting on the English Premier League, lo and behold, you have come to the right place. In our EPL betting guide, we have explained all you need to know about placing wagers on this famous league. This includes a discussion on the most popular betting options, how to make the most of odds and some betting tips you should keep in mind while placing wagers. So, read on and find out more about EPL soccer betting.
Best EPL Betting Sites 2020
What You’ll Find In Our English Premier League Betting Guide
- Popular EPL Betting Lines
- How to Make the Most of English Premier League Betting Odds
- Top EPL Betting Tips
- Premier League Standings
The different types of bets in EPL betting are often referred to as betting lines or markets. The most popular English Premier League betting lines include relegation odds, top goal scorer, top four, and top London club, among others. Let’s take a look at them below.
- EPL Winner Betting – The EPL outright betting market is one of the most popular in the league. Players have to keep up with the action all season long. It’s likely popular because of its simplicity, all you have to do is pick the winner of the whole season. These are also known as futures. EPL title betting odds are some of the best players will come across all season.
- Relegation Bets – This is the petty but fun side of Premier League betting. EPL relegation odds are an exciting market because it is dynamic and constantly changes as the season progresses into its final weeks.
- Top Goal Scorer Betting – for this market, you need to be up to date with the stats of your favorite players. Knowing their statisticalperformance will give you a better lead if you’re betting on the top goal scorer. If you think you can predict who the top striker will be this season, then you can bet each-way on this market. Sportsbooks have been known to pay out for the top four places.
- Top Four Betting – you can wager on a team finishing in the top four. There are odds markets for gamblers to wager on whether a team will finish in the top six or top ten too.
- Top London Club Betting – players can bet on which London club will finish top of all other London soccer clubs. There are also odds markets for other regions like Manchester or Liverpool.
Take advantage of sportsbook promotions, such as enhanced EPL betting odds offers, money back specials, and lowered wager amounts for both teams scoring odds. Most sportsbooks will have specialized offers for the Premier League because it’s such a popular sporting league.
Gamblers can get wager offers like moneyback if a penalty is awarded in a game. Now, if you know one of the players in the team has a propensity to commit fouls then the likelihood of a penalty is high. Sometimes, there will be special offers on goal scorer bets.
The important thing to take away from all of this is that bettors need to shop around for best odds in the EPL betting market. This is the only way to make sure that you make the most money possible. When we post our English Premier League picks, we also try to have a look at providing a list of sportsbooks with the best odds for each bet we suggest.
Check out our other EPL guides:
There are so many avid bettors out there looking to build the ultimate EPL betting strategy. Although there are many wagering tips available on the internet, we wouldn’t recommend using all of them. We also won’t say that we provide the best English Premier League betting tips. We will however, suggest that the following titbits of advice will get you to think more strategically about your wagers.
- Home Advantage is Real – the one thing that every reliable EPL betting preview should take into account is which team is playing at home. Statistically, it has been shown that teams playing at home are more likely to win a match. Of course, it is important to take this in context of a team’s performance throughout the entire season.
- Context is Important – it is important to make sure that you look at the context surrounding a match before betting on it. Some teams are more likely to play better line-ups for cup matches as opposed to league matches if they feel they have a real chance of winning it. Alternatively, some teams are more likely to play stronger line-ups in the league if they are fighting against relegation.
- Look at Team Schedule – the more games a team plays in quick succession, the more likely they are to pick up a loss. Think of a team like Liverpool. If they have Champion’s League action during the week and a big match against Manchester United away from home on Saturday, they are more likely to pick up the loss.
For more EPL betting tips and predictions, make sure to have a look at our blog. We constantly post EPL betting predictions on the latest upcoming matches there.
A key part of making good English Premier League betting picks is checking the standings of the teams you would like to bet on at any time during the season.
|1||Manchester City (C)||38||98|
|10||West Ham United||38||52|
|17||Brighton & Hove Albion||38||36|
|18||Cardiff City (R)||38||34|
|20||Huddersfield Town (R)||38||16|
Check out our other soccer guides: