The NHL season is off to a great start, and tonight will see last season’s Stanley Cup winner, the St. Louis Blues at Toronto Maple Leafs in what is sure to be a very good matchup. Both teams come into the game with a set of mixed results with the Blues posting an overall record of 1-1 so far, and the Leafs a record of 2-1. With good additions made to both teams during the offseason, both teams are looking to make sure they have a good go at winning hockey’s biggest trophy.
The recent Stanley Cup win has made many sportsbooks run to favor the St. Louis Blues in upcoming matchups. However, there is no doubting the fact that the Leafs have got a great squad this year. Who will win in this exciting game?
St. Louis Blues at Toronto Maple Leafs Prediction
Everybody knows that hockey can be pretty difficult to predict but sometimes it helps to look at some of the stats before making a betting decision.
- The Tornoto Maple Leafs come into the game following a 6-5 shootout loss at home against the Montreal Canadiens. Michael Hutchinson, who also started in the previous game, will be at goaltender against the Blues.
- Despite legal charges being levelled against him, Auston Matthews has been on some good form for the Maple Leafs, scoring twice in the last game. With the likes of John Tavares and Alexander Kerfoot in the team, the Blues are sure to have a tough time posting a shutout.
- On the Blues side, Jordan Binnington has been named starting goaltender. He had a solid game against the Dallas Stars, posting a save percentage of .931.
- The Blues have a good offense with David Perron, Sammy Blais, and Brayden Schenn all getting on the scoreboard at least once this season. If there is anything to take away from this, it is that goals can come from anyone in the Blues squad.
With that said, here is our pick for St. Louis Blues at Toronto Maple Leafs:
- Moneyline – we’re going with the Maple Leafs. While the team had a bad outing against the Montreal Canadiens, they are unlikely to lose a second game in a row at home. In addition, the Blues have been perhaps been overvalued since their Stanley Cup win, and with Auston Matthews in form, they are sure to be faced with a real challenge in this matchup.
Kim’s NHL Record so far: 7-4
St. Louis Blues at Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Odds
Check out our other latest NHL news: