St. Louis Cardinals at Washington Nationals Game 3 Preview, Predictions and Odds
It seems as the World Series is fast approaching as the National League Championship Series (NLCS) and the American League Championship Series (ALCS) find their victors. Tonight will see the St. Louis Cardinals at Washington Nationals for Game 3 of the NLCS, in what may prove to be decisive match. The Nationals enter the matchup with a 2-0 lead over the Cardinals, in games that haven’t exactly seen an overwhelming favorite. However, knowing that they are two wins away from making it to the World Series may just push the Nationals to put on a stellar Game 3 performance.
The Cardinals come into the game knowing that they need a win if they are going to keep their World Series dream alive. The game is going to be quite tough especially seeing that it is set to take place at Nationals’ park. With the Cardinals on the back foot, and playing at home, the prediction seems a little too easy.
St. Louis Cardinals at Washington Nationals Game 3 Predictions
Before making any sort of prediction on a baseball game (and a playoff one at that), we always like to have a look at the stats for each team competing in the game. Here are some facts baseball bettors interested in wagering on the Cardinals and Nationals game may find interesting:
- Jack Flaherty will be replacing Adam Wainwright as starting pitcher after Wainwright gave up three earned runs over a total of 7.1 innings. The Cardinals are hoping that Flaherty (who is 7-4 when starting) will give up fewer runs. It is important to note that Flaherty did not start against the Nationals during the regular season.
- The Nationals are set to start Stephen Strasburg instead of Max Scherzer in Game 3, despite Scherzer having had a good game. Strasburg struggled against the Dodgers giving up three earned runs over six innings. However, during the regular season, Strasburg started against the Cardinals going 1-0, and recording a 2.31 ERA.
- The Cardinals’ offense has struggled so far throughout the series, with Jose Martinez being responsible for the only run recorded against the Nationals thus far. If the team’s offensive performance continues as such, the Nationals can expect to notch another win.
- The Nationals picked up two victories on the road, and are expected to perform even better when playing at their home.
With all this said and done, here are our predictions for the Cardinals at Nationals Game 3 matchup:
- Moneyline – we expect the Nationals to wrap up the series with a sweep. Although the Cardinals will have to play for their survival, they have been rather unconvincing in their last two matchups, struggling to score.
- Run Line – the Nationals have scored two or more runs against the Cardinals in their last two outings. We expect the team to play better on their own turf, so we’d recommend trying your luck on a Nationals -1.5 line.
Kim’s MLB Postseason Record so far: 2-0.
St. Louis Cardinals at Washington Nationals Game 3 Betting Odds
Check out the other latest MLB betting news: