Tampa Bay Lightning at Los Angeles Kings Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 1/29/20
The 2019-20 National Hockey League (NHL) season continues tonight with the Tampa Bay Lightning at Los Angeles Kings for an interconference clash. These two teams are having very different seasons with the Lightning currently 2nd in the Atlantic Division in the Eastern Conference and the Kings 8th in the Pacific Division in the Western Conference. The Tampa comes into the game after an unfortunate loss against the Dallas Stars on the road. They have a bit of a back-and-forth record while traveling, so maybe this will be a comeback evening.
The Los Angeles Kings come into the game on a four-game losing streak. This will be their first game at home after a five-game away streak, which included an overtime loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning. We would say it seems like the prime time for the Kings to get a win, but their record has been less than stellar as of late. So, will the Kings continue to disappoint, or will they upset one of the teams predicted to be going for a good Stanley Cup run this season?
Tampa Bay Lightning at Los Angeles Kings Predictions
Well, before we get into the predictions, here are some key stats and facts all bettors have to know about the Tampa Bay Lightning and Los Angeles Kings:
- The Tampa Bay Lightning may have had a hard start to the season but have seemingly corrected the course. They come into the game with an overall record 29-15-5. Although they are better at home than on the road, they are able to pick up wins with the team posting an away record of 14-8-3 at the moment. In addition, in their last 10, they have gone 7-2-1.
- Andrei Vasilevskiy is projected to be the Lightning’s starting goaltender tonight. He comes into the game with an overall record of 24-9-3, a goal against average of 2.55 and a save percentage of .917. His last game saw him pick up an overtime loss against the Dallas Stars, where he let three goals through.
- The Los Angeles Kings come into the game a little worse for wear with their overall record of 18-27-5. Their home record is even at 11-10-1 – which also indicates that if they are to win, they will most likely do so at home. Their record in the last 10 has been atrocious coming in at 2-7-1. The team has lost to Tampa Bay in the previous three games.
- Offensively, the Tampa Bay Lightning outrank the Los Angeles Kings in every metric except for shots on goal where the Kings are tied for fourth, and the Lightning are 11th.
- Defensively, the Los Angeles Kings seem to put up a better fight. They rank 2nd for shots on goals allowed and 4th on penalty minutes. The Tampa Bay Lightning out rank the Kings in goals allowed and penalty kill percentage.
With all this said, here are our NHL betting predictions for the Tampa Bay Lightning at Los Angeles Kings:
- Moneyline – go for the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Kings have been on a terrible streak, and although they will be playing at home, it seems that it won’t be enough for them get a win over one of the better teams in the league.
Tampa Bay Lightning at Los Angeles Kings Odds