Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics Preview, Odds & Predictions
The MLB postseason has kicked off and has left a load of anxious bettors wondering just who is going to make it to and win the World Series this year. Tonight’s game sees the Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics as these two teams who are almost matched in their regular season records (the Rays have a record of 96-66, while the A’s have a record of 97-65). Although the teams may seem evenly matched, sportsbooks have picked a clear favorite and that is the Tampa Bay Rays.
The A’s have succeeded in making the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum somewhat of a fortress this season, so the Rays are sure to have a hard time pulling of a win in Oakland. That said, the Rays are not all that bad on the road, which makes this a pretty tough game to call despite sportsbooks taking a clear side.
Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics Prediction
It’s all well and good for sportsbooks to make their picks, and for people to say that both teams have played relatively well this season, but what do the cold hard stats say about the situation?
- The Tampa Bay Rays were ranked the second-best team in terms of road wins this regular season. With a record of 48-33, they have a 0.59 win percentage outside of Tampa.
- The Oakland A’s were ranked fourth in terms of home wins this season having posted a record of 52-27, which equates to a 0.65 win percentage.
- Although the A’s won this season’s series 4-3, the Rays have a record of 7-4 in their last 11 games in Oakland, meaning that they actually do have a chance of winning.
- Charlie Morton will be stepping up on the Mound for the Rays today. The team has got a record of 22-11 with Morton starting, which is a win percentage of 0.67. Morton is also ranked 11th overall in pitcher standings for this season.
- In the other side, relative newbie Sean Manaea will be making the start. This will be the pitcher’s first appearance in postseason. The A’s have a 4-1 record with Manaea starting the game at the mound.
So, with all this in mind, we believe the following outcomes are sure to take place when the Tampa Bay Rays take on Oakland Athletics.
- Moneyline – we’re going for the Rays. Although the A’s have a good home record, and won the season series, we believe that Morton may have what it takes to help lead the team to victory. Manaea just seems a little too inexperienced for now.
- Run Line – as with yesterday’s game, we’d stick for going with a line of +1.5 in favor of the Rays.
Kim’s MLB Postseason Record so far: 1-0.
Tampa Bay Rays at Oakland Athletics Odds
Check out our other latest MLB news:
- Milwaukee Brewers at Washington Nationals Preview & Picks
- Mike Trout Ends Season Early Due To Foot Surgery; Center Fielder’s Health Questioned