Tampa Bay Rays vs. Toronto Blue Jays Predictions, Pick, and Odds 7/24/20
Friday’s top MLB pick features Tampa Bay Rays vs Toronto Blue Jays. It seems like a lifetime ago when these two teams were arguably the most dominant outfits in the league. Last year, Tampa Bay Rays displayed great baseball, winning 96 games in the process. They are an unlikely contender to challenge for the World Series.
The Toronto Blue Jays scrapped through some of their wins last season, winning 67 games. Most analysts chalked it down to having a young squad, but a few players raised their hands to be counted. Players such as Cavan Biggio, Randal Grichuk, and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. are just some of the bright sparks that the team has driving the offense.
It is a clash between a team closing in prime form and another that is just finding itself. Regardless, it makes for good baseball. Check out some of the key aspects of the game we have noted that will play a huge part in deciding the winner.
Tampa Bay Rays vs Toronto Blue Jays Predictions
Use these key points we’ve compiled through analyzing the two teams when betting on MLB:
- The Rays have most of the pitching staff that was ranked fourth best-starting ERA and first best bullpen ERA returning this season. Having a roster that features guys like Charlie Morton, Ryan Yarbrough, Blake Snell, and Tyler Glasnow is enough to catapult any team into championship contention.
- While the offense of the team may not garner much publicity, it’s still is a pretty good squad. A player that will surely have the spotlight on him is Yoshi Tsutsugo. This will be his first season in the big leagues and it’ll be refreshing to see how he fairs.
- Even with honorable mentions of players to watch out for, the player that can decide the tie for Tampa Bay is Charlie Morton. His stats last season was 16-6 with a 3.05 ERA and 240 strikeouts. Career stats against the Blue Jays are 2-1 with a 2.39 ERA and 46 strikeouts.
- The Blue Jays made additions to pitchers to strengthen the depth of the team with guys like Hyun-Jin Ryu and Tanner Roark. The newbies will definitely add variety to the locker room and can be the right omen for the team in the future.
- The record against American League East does not make for pleasant reading for the Blue Jays. They are 9-4 against teams from that division and 5-13 in their previous 18 games on the road.
- The player that can change this team’s proficiency is, oddly enough, the new acquisition Ryu. He was 14-5 with 2.32 ERA and 163 strikeouts last season. He will have to adjust quickly to the American League since this will be his first career game against the Rays.
If you’ve been reading this article, it may sound like its leaning towards a Tampa Bay win. That’s because last season’s numbers were pretty compelling. The Rays are returning with their squad after long layaway and will surely want to get back to where they left off last season.
We are sure that Ryu and the Blue Jays will have a say in how the game goes. Over and above that, the team is still in its discovery phase, and will definitely benefit from facing a tough test like this one in the opening game.
Bet on This Game Here
More baseball betting news:
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/23/20
- Washington Nationals vs New York Yankees Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/23/20
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs Los Angeles Angels Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/21/20