It’s Conference Championship time, and the game to decide the winner of the AFC this year is sure to be extremely exciting with the Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs. The Titans come into this game marked as the underdog. Their playoff season has seen them seemingly pull off the impossible, knocking out last year’s winners the New England Patriots in the Wild Card game. They then progressed to knock out this year’s number one seed, the Baltimore Ravens, in the divisional playoffs. Are the Kansas City Chiefs able to put a stop to this Cinderella story?
The Kansas City Chiefs come into the game following a comeback win against the Houston Texans. The game saw quarterback Patrick Mahomes prove why he is widely regarded as one of the best in the league, throwing for five touchdowns and 321 yards. The team is still looking to get their first AFC Championship win since 1969. They came close last year but were knocked out after a narrow loss against the Patriots. Will they be able to overcome the Titans and do it this season?
Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs Predictions
Well, before we get into the prediction-making, here are a few things you got to know about the Titans and the Chiefs:
- The Tennessee Titans come into the game following a win against the Baltimore Ravens. The game, which was predicted to be a blowout for the Ravens, saw the team pull off a surprising 28-12 victory. The defense proved to be too much for Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson, getting four sacks, two interceptions and one fumble on the player who is most likely to be named season MVP this year. Everything pointed towards a Ravens win, but the Titans overcame it.
- Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill is having the best season of his career. His regular-season saw him reach career highs for completion percentage, average yards gained, and quarterback rating, which he led the league in. In his last game against the Ravens, he threw for 88 yards and two touchdowns. He also rushed for a touchdown. Although these aren’t on the same level as Mahomes’ performance, it was enough to get past the Ravens when they needed to.
- The Kansas City Chiefs come into the game following a big comeback win against the Houston Texans, which saw the team fall more than 21 points behind in the first quarter. The team quickly responded to this with five consecutive scoring drives. Although the team seemed out of it, they were able to keep focused and get the victory. This week, they are set to play the Texans’ divisional rival, the Tennessee Titans, who didn’t win the AFC South this year.
- Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes comes into the match following a fantastic performance against the Houston Texans. The game saw Mahomes throw for 321 yards and five touchdowns against 0 interceptions. He has been pretty much phenomenal throughout the season but has come up short at this stage of the game before.
- Just as with the Titans’ game against the Ravens, the Chiefs dominate them in pretty much every offensive and defensive statistical metric except for three. Offensively, the only area the Titans have the edge is rushing yards. Defensively, they rank better for rushing yards allowed and thirds downs completed percentage.
With all this stated, here are our predictions for the Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs:
- Moneyline – we say go for the Kansas City Chiefs. We think that the Tennessee Titans have had a good run but third times the charm for the favorite. If the Titans are able to win this one, we’re thinking that they’ll take the Super Bowl too.
Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NFL betting news here:
- Houston Texans at Kansas City Chiefs Predictions, Picks & Odds 1/12/20
- Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers Predictions, Picks & Odds 1/11/20
- Tennessee Titans at Baltimore Ravens Picks, Predictions & Odds 1/12/20
- Jacksonville Jaguars Take Atlanta Falcons Betting Odds 12/22/2019
- Buffalo Bills at Pittsburgh Steelers Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 12/15/19