The US Open is the fourth and final grand slam tournament in the tennis season. It is also known for its large international attendance by tennis fans. Owned by the United States Tennis Association, the Grand Slam is held at Flushing Meadows with 13 hard courts. All proceeds from the grand slam go to the development of tennis in the country. With it being such a highly-anticipated championship, US Open tennis betting is also a lucrative industry, with bettors receiving rewarding payouts.
The tournament is held annually from the last Monday of August until the second week of September. It’s modelled after the French Open, but it is the only tournament that uses tie breakers in every set of a match. Also, the women’s US Open is the only grand slam where the draw has 16 instead of 12 qualifiers.
The market for US Open tennis betting has experienced a sharp increase over the years as bettors have become increasingly interested in tennis. Read on to find out more about the top betting sites for the US Open and the most popular tennis betting markets. Additionally, we’ll also look at some tennis betting tips you can use when betting on the US Open.
Top US Open Tennis Betting Sites
There are many online bookmakers from the US offering odds on the US Open. This can make it hard for American players to know which ones to go for. Don’t worry, our recommended sites are fair, safe, and secure.
Play Now! Lucky Red Casino
Play Now! Club World Casino
Play Now! Golden Lion Casino
Play Now! All-Star Slots
Play Now! Irish Luck Casino
Play Now! Cherry Gold Casino
Play Now! Manhattan Slots Casino
Play Now! Eclipse Casino
Play Now! Supernova Casino
Play Now! Free Spin Casino
Play Now! Exclusive Casino
Play Now! DomGame Casino
Bet Now! BetOnline Sportsbook
Bet Now! Sports Betting.ag Online
Bet Now! MyBookie Sportsbook
Bet Now! Bovada Sportsbook
Bet Now! Intertops Sports
What You’ll Find In Our US Open Betting Guide
- US Open Tennis Betting Markets
- Top Tips for Betting on the US Open
- A Brief History of the US Open
- Most Notable US Open Winners
- US Open Tennis Betting Overview
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular US Open tennis betting markets available to bettors from the USA.
Arguably the simplest of the US Open wagers, bettors pick the outright winner of the grand slam, either male or female. A tip to bear in mind when placing an outright bet is to look at the player’s performances, especially during Wimbledon. This is the last grand slam before the US Open.
This bet aims to predict a set score i.e. the final score of a game. Pay attention to unexpected starters and capitalise on that later on in the tournament. There’s some value is set betting.
Here, bettors have to narrow a bet down to a specific match-up between two players. Keep in mind the player’s performance and the court type they’ll be playing on. Some players are better on clay than grass and vice versa. Also, the odds on match favourites will be extremely short because in tennis a draw is impossible.
Over Under Betting
This is all about predicting whether a match will end over or under a specific amount of sets. Use this bet type if you’re unsure which player will win the match.
While these may not guarantee that you’ll win every bet you make, keeping these tips in mind will help. Here are some tips for US open tennis betting:
- Do your research: make sure you know enough about the players before you begin betting on the US Open. It’s wrong to assume that the big names will always do well. If you’re wagering on a number of outcomes, bet low on the underdogs in the beginning. Keep an eye on their performance throughout their tournament.
- Profits aren’t high on the favorites: try and find the rising star of the tournament. You may have a couple of wins by betting on the popular names, the profitability on them is low. If a well-known player that’s out-of-form is taking on an unknown that’s in great shape, go for the underdog.
- Never follow popular consensus: don’t listen to US Open tennis tips – whether online or word-of-mouth when it comes to betting. Don’t trust them unless you can see a reasonable basis on which to place the bet. Nothing in sport is ever a “sure thing”. At the end of the day it’s your money and bet independently after having done your research and judged for yourself.
The first US Open tournament was held in August 1881 on a grass court at the Newport Casino, Rhode Island. Richard Sears won the men’s singles title, and moved on to win seven more US Open titles consecutively.
Since 1987, the US Open has been the fourth and final Grand Slam tournament of the year’s tennis season.
Check out our other tennis betting guides:
The most notable US Open Women’s tennis champions are:
- Chris Evert: she has won it six times in 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1980, and 1982.
- Serena Williams: she won it six times in 1999, 2002, 2008, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- Steffi Graf: won it five times in 1988, 1989, 1993, 1995, and 1996.
Naomi Osaka won the title in 2018.
Most notable US Open Men’s champions are:
- Jimmy Connors: he won it five times in 1974, 1976, 1978, 1982, and 1983.
- Pete Sampras: he has won it in 1990, 1993, 1995, 1996, and 2002.
- Roger Federer: won it in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008.
- John McEnroe: he won it in 1979, 1980, 1981, and 1984.
Novak Djokovic won the championship in 2018.
With the growth of tennis betting, online bookmakers catering to American bettors are catching up to the thrill that is US Open tennis betting. Find your perfect online betting site on Gambling 360 today and start betting.