Toronto Blue Jays vs Washington Nationals Picks, Prediction & Odds 7/28/20
The Toronto Blue Jays and Washington Nationals game is set to be a thrilling one for fans. The Nationals will play host to the Blue Jays in the first day of the three-day interleague series on Tuesday afternoon.
Tanner Roark will take the mound for the Toronto Blue Jays. The 33-year-old right-hander will be countered by Austin Voth for the Washington Nationals.
Back in 2018, the Blue Jays made mincemeat of the Nationals and we wonder if the same will happen during this season.
Preview of Toronto Blue Jays vs Washington Nationals
Let’s take in in-depth look at both teams to see how their strengths and weaknesses will affect their gameplay this afternoon.
Toronto Blue Jays
It will be interesting to see how Tanner Roark performs against his former team of six years. Roark will make his Blue Jays debut on the mound this afternoon.
- The Blue Jays have plenty of young hitters like Bo Bichette, Cavan Biggio and Vladimir Guerrero Jnr. This trio has the potential to turn into stars. All three of these youngsters are the sons of previous MLB legends.
- Biggio has started the season off nicely, collecting five base hits with 3 RBIs in three matches.
- The Toronto Blue Jays lost two of their three games against the Rays in their season opening series this past weekend.
- Ken Giles is not expected to return for this match after suffering an injury on Sunday.
- The Blue Jays had an average of 4.48 runs per game last season.
- They ranked 23rd overall and 21 in the Majors with a 4.79 ERA.
Austin Voth will be starting for the Nationals in this matchup against the Blue Jays. In 2019, he performed well. He also earned himself a solid 3.30 ERA and 1.05 WHIP. This afternoon he will be meeting the Toronto Blue Jays for the first time in his career.
- The absence of Juan Soto is visible in Nationals as he still won’t be part of the lineup due to being infected with the coronavirus.
- Washington Nationals brought Starlin Castro to fill in the gap that Anthony Rendon left following his departure. However, fans are still waiting for Castro to find his swing after going 2 for 10 with no RBIs in three games.
- In the big leagues, the Nationals were ranked 6th with an average of 5.31 runs per game in the 2019 season.
- Washington finished the year with 4.19 ERA which places then in 9th position overall.
Our Prediction: Toronto Blue Jays vs Washington Nationals
The Blue Jays are well-poised to take this one. Tanner Roark will be eager to prove himself against his former team, so he should be well-motivated for this game.
The lineup that Washington has is not quite as lethal as in previous seasons. Their best payers, Juan Soto and Ryan Zimmerman, are down for the count for this game. Plus, the Blue Jays have youngsters who are not shy to score runs. In their first three games, they recorded a combined 12 runs record.
Place Your Blue Jays vs Nationals Bet Here
More MLB Betting News:
- Philadelphia Phillies vs New York Yankees Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/27/20
- Boston Red Sox vs New York Mets Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/27/20
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. Toronto Blue Jays Predictions, Pick, and Odds 7/24/20
- Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/24/20
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/23/20