Tottenham Hotspur vs Man United Predictions, Picks & Odds 6/19/20
The English Premier League (EPL) returned this week and with a few massive clashes. We already saw Manchester City thrash Arsenal on Wednesday. Now, we have Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United to look forward to on Friday.
Both teams haven’t had the best season, but it is to see that Tottenham Hotspur is in worse condition. Many thought that bringing in decorated manager José Mourinho would fix the team’s woes, but the team has still struggled to win. Tottenham needs to keep winning if they are going to compete for a place in either the Europa League or Champions League next season, which is still possible.
Manchester United comes into this game on the cusp of making the top four. All that is required is a loss from Chelsea, and the team may have a substantial opportunity of making it into the Champions League next season. Although the team went through a spate of lousy form halfway through the season, they turned it around. Will this still be the case following the restart?
Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United Predictions
Well, before we get to the predictions, let’s look at some of the fact surrounding both of the teams in this one:
- Tottenham comes into this one following a six-game winless streak, which includes five losses. Two of them were against RB Leipzig in the Champions League, and one of them was a penalty shootout against 20th placed Norwich City in the FA Cup. To summarize, the team was not in good form before the break.
- Before the break, Tottenham was without star striker Harry Kane who had been out with a hamstring injury. He returns tonight and will surely have a significant effect on the team’s performance seeing as he is the top scorer in the squad.
- Manchester United enter this game following an 11-game undefeated streak that saw them beat the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea, and Club Brugge. However, be wary of this stat as it doesn’t tell you that the team struggled against 7th placed Wolverhampton and 12th placed Everton, only getting draws.
- Manchester United hasn’t really had trouble scoring this season. Their top goalscorer is Marcus Rashford, with 14 goals in 29 games. Without Rashford, though, the team seems a bit flimsy at the moment (which is something for Ole Gunnar Solskjær to work on in the offseason).
- Manchester United has won 22 of their 34 meetings against Tottenham, whereas Tottenham has only won 6. In the last five meetings, United has won three, and Tottenham has won two.
Overall, this is a hard one to predict. Although Manchester United’s spate of great results may be a bit deceiving, we do think that the team is in much better form than Tottenham. However, before the league was put on hiatus, Tottenham’s star player (Kane), was inactive due to injury, and this makes this prediction harder.
There is some good money to be made on a simple moneyline on either team. We think that Manchester United might take this one. If you are looking for a correct score bet in this one, go for 2-1 for United (but this one is risky).