Vegas Golden Knights at Boston Bruins Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 1/21/20
Recently updated on January 21st, 2020
In tonight’s NHL action, it is the Vegas Golden Knights at Boston Bruins for what is sure to be a very entertaining game. Both teams come into the game off a loss and looking to get back in the win column. The Vegas Golden Knights have had a tough couple of days after firing head coach Gerard Gallant and replacing him with Pete DeBoer. Since the coaching change, they have picked up only one win, and it was against the struggling Ottawa Senators.
Although coming off a loss, the Boston Bruins are in a slightly different situation. They still seem prime to take the Atlantic division. However, they have had a terrible record as of late, and if it keeps up, they’ll soon find themselves fighting just to make the playoffs. With a relatively strong home record, they will be looking to get one over on the Golden Knights who will be playing their fourth straight game on the road. Who will win in this matchup between the Bruins and the Knights?
Vegas Golden Knights at Boston Bruins Predictions 1/21/20
Well, before we get to the predictions, here are some stats of both teams we thought you ought to keep in mind:
- The Vegas Golden Knights come into the game ranked fifth in the Atlantic Division and an overall record of 25-19-7. With four teams in the division on a total of 57 points, it really is open for the taking. The Golden Knights don’t seem to be on the form to compete for it at the moment, though. In their last ten, they have posted a record of 5-4-1 and are currently coming off an overtime loss against the Montreal Canadiens. With a road record of 11-9-4, they are capable of winning away but are more likely to lose.
- Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury is thought to be starting for the Vegas Golden Knights tonight. He has been struggling to keep the goals out in recent weeks, but with a record of 19-11-4, the Golden Knights are more likely to win with him on the ice. So far this season, he has posted a goals-against-average of 2.85 and a save percentage of .906. However, do bear in mind that he let in four goals against the Canadiens.
- The Boston Bruins come into the game leading the Atlantic Division with an overall record of 28-10-12. However, that said, their record in their last 10 has been 4-3-3. Although they have got a bit of a lead in their division, the Tampa Bay Lightning (who already have more wins) could overtake them if their losing form persists. One of the things that they have got going for them tonight is that they are playing at home and they’ve got a pretty stable home record at 16-2-9.
- Jaroslav Halak is expected to start at goaltender for the Bruins tonight. Although he is no Tuukka Rask, he hasn’t been doing all that badly this season. He has posted an overall record of 11-6-6, a goals-against-average of 2.49, and a save percentage of .918. He has also recorded three shut outs. However, in his last game against the Pittsburgh Penguins, he allowed four goals in, showing that he is somewhat vulnerable against stronger opposition.
- Statistically, the Bruins have the Golden Knights in all but two offensive and defensive metrics. The Golden Knights average the second-highest number of shots on goal per game in the league, and they are also better and defending against shots on goal than the Bruins are but only slightly.
Well, with all this said, here are our predictions for the Vegas Golden Knights at Boston Bruins:
- Moneyline – go for Boston. We think that while both teams are struggling at the moment, the Golden Knights have had a seemingly worse time on the road, and we believe that it is set to continue, especially with Fleury on a bad run. The Bruins are also very good at home.
- Totals – with both teams having a hard time keeping the goals out at the moment and fully capable of scoring, we say try your hand at the over.
Vegas Golden Knights at Boston Bruins Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news here:
- Anaheim Ducks at Carolina Hurricanes Preview & Prediction 1/17/20
- Boston Bruins at Philadelphia Flyers Predictions, Odds & Picks 1/13/2020
- Tampa Bay Lightning at New Jersey Devils Pick, Prediction & Odds 01/11/20
- Pittsburgh Penguins at Colorado Avalanche Predictions, Picks & Odds 1/10/20
- Anaheim Ducks at New Jersey Devils Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 12/18/19