Vegas Golden Knights at Chicago Blackhawks Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/22/19
Tonight’s NHL games include a big Western Conference matchup with the Vegas Golden Knights at Chicago Blackhawks. Vegas comes into the game off a big loss against the Philadelphia Flyers last night, conceding six goals against an on-again, off-again Flyers team. Backup goaltender Oscar Dansk stood in for the phenomenal Marc-Andre Fleury, and just proved how instrumental he is to the Golden Knights’ success.
On the other side, Chicago seems to be having a very tough season despite all the great new additions that were made to their squad in the offseason. At the moment, they are at the wrong end of the Central Division table, claiming only two victories in their last six games. They have been pinned the underdog for the upcoming matchup but was this done erroneously?
Vegas Golden Knights at Chicago Blackhawks Predictions
Well, before we get into the prediction-making, let’s have a look at some of the Golden Knights and Blackhawks stats and facts:
- The Golden Knights enter the game with a record of 6-4 so far this season. They are coming off a big 6-2 loss against the Flyers. This will also be their third game on the road in three days, so fatigue is something to watch out for.
- The Blackhawks enter the matchup with a poor 2-4 overall record. They are coming a 5-3 loss at home against the Washington Capitals last night. This will be their second home game in two days.
- Golden Knights starting goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury has had a good season thus far. He currently has a 6-2 record and average of 2.18 goals allowed per game. His overall save percentage is .934. If Fleury plays, there is a good chance that Vegas might win. However, if his backup Oscar Dansk is on the ice, the Blackhawks can rest assured that they’ll have an easier time getting on the scoreboard.
- Blackhawks starting goaltender Corey Crawford isn’t having the same sort of luck as Fleury. He currently holds a 1-3 record when playing and allows an average of 3.59 goals per game. His save percentage is .891, which puts ranks him 46th overall in the league. Quite simply, it is a little too easy getting past him.
- What they lack in defense, the Blackhawks try to make up in offense, with players such as Drake Caggiula, and Patrick Kane getting on the scoreboard for the team this season. The offense is varied enough to present a threat to any team they play, but their defense isn’t always able to make up for the issues in their area.
With all that said, here are our predictions for Vegas Golden Knights at Chicago Blackhawks:
- Moneyline – if Fleury is named starter for the match, we say go for Vegas. The difference he makes in the team was shown in the Golden Knights’ game against the Flyers on Monday. However, if Dansk gets the nod from Gerard Gallant, go for the Blackhawks.
Vegas Golden Knights at Chicago Blackhawks Odds
Find the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news here:
- Toronto Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins Preview, Predictions, Picks & Odds
- Vegas Golden Knights at Philadelphia Flyers Picks, Predictions & Odds
- St. Louis Blues at Toronto Maple Leafs Preview, Predictions & Odds
- Chicago Blackhawks vs Philadelphia Flyers Preview, Prediction & Odds