Vegas Golden Knights at Columbus Blue Jackets Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/5/2019
In tonight’s NHL matchups, we’ll see the Vegas Golden Knights at Columbus Blue Jackets in an inter-conference clash. Vegas comes into the matchup on a two-game losing streak as the team struggled to find their form in an overtime defeat against the Winnipeg Jets. Although they started the year off well, the team has been a little bit unpredictable as of late. Tonight’s match against the Blue Jackets will be the first in a four-game tour, and they’ll be hoping to start on a victory.
The Columbus Blue Jackets enter the game on a four-game losing streak with their last being against the Calgary Flames in which they were shutout. The team has not been all that great at home this year and definitely seems to be entering this matchup at a disadvantage. Who will win in this matchup contested by two struggling teams?
Vegas Golden Knights at Columbus Blue Jackets Predictions
As always, before we give you our predictions, here is a short look at the stats we looked at in making them:
- The Vegas Golden Knights enter this matchup ranked fifth in the Pacific Division. They currently have a record of 8-5-2, and have gone 5-3-2 on their last 10. In their last game, they lost 3-4 in overtime at home against the Winnipeg Jets (who have seen their fair share of defeats as well.) Vegas tends to play well on the road with a season record of 4-2-0 so far.
- Marc-Andre Fleury is expected to start at goaltender for the Golden Knights tonight. Fleury has had a positive season this year with a record of 8-3-1 when on the ice. He has also posted a goals against average of 2.52 and a save percentage of .920. However, his last game against the Montreal Canadiens saw him concede five goals.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets enter this matchup ranked sixth in the Metropolitan Division. They currently have an overall record of 5-6-3, and a record of 4-3-3 in their last 10. In their last game against the Calgary Flames, they let three past them and did not score. They have currently got a terrible home record of 3-4-1.
- Joonas Korpisalo is expected to be the Blue Jackets starting goaltender for tonight. The team has only won games with Korpisalo on the ice. That does not mean that his stats are the best that they could be. So far, he has posted a record of 5-5-1, a goals against average of 3.24 and a save percentage of .890.
So, let’s get to our predictions for the Vegas Golden Knights at Columbus Blue Jackets:
- Moneyline – we’re going with the Vegas Golden Knights on this one. We think that they are in better form than the Columbus Blue Jackets, even though they are also on a losing streak. The Blue Jackets also seem to be a terrible pick at home, and neither Joonas Korpisalo nor Elvis Merzlikins have been performing well.
Kim’s NHL Prediction Record so far: 20-23
Vegas Golden Knights at Columbus Blue Jackets Odds
Get the Best NHL Odds Here
Check out the latest NHL betting news here:
- Arizona Coyotes at Edmonton Oilers Prediction & Odds 11/4/19
- Pittsburgh Penguins at Boston Bruins Prediction & Odds 11/4/19
- Buffalo Sabres at Washington Capitals Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 11/1/19
- Calgary Flames at Nashville Predators Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/31/19
- Edmonton Oilers at Columbus Blue Jackets Prediction, Picks & Betting Odds 10/30/19