Vegas Golden Knights at Philadelphia Flyers Picks, Predictions & Odds
In tonight’s NHL matchups, we’ll see the Vegas Golden Knights at Philadelphia Flyers for an inter-conference matchup. The two teams seem to be having different seasons with the Vegas Golden Knights posting a record of 6-3 thus far, and the Flyers one of 2-3-1. The Golden Knights make the journey to Philadelphia after recording a big 3-0 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins. Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury seems to be having a pretty strong season and seems to be keeping the goals out.
The Flyers enter the game on a four-game losing streak. Their last was 4-1 defeat against the Dallas Stars at home in which Carter Hart really struggled to keep the goals out, much like he has been doing all season. Nothing is ever simple in the NHL. So, are the Golden Knights really easily set to win this game?
Vegas Golden Knights at Philadelphia Flyers Predictions
So, before we make any predictions, here are some team stats and facts to keep in mind before doing so:
- The Vegas Golden Knights are currently on a two-game winning streak. In their last matchup, goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury managed to go 29 for 29 in terms of saves. Thus far this season, he has posted a goals against average of 2.18 and save percentage of 0.934.
- In addition to Fleury having a good season, it also seems that the Golden Knights offense has hit its stride more often than not this season. Mark Stone is playing particularly well, having scored six goals and recorded six assists in nine appearances. Then, there is also William Karlsson who has been instrumental in creating goals, recording one goal and seven assists so far this season.
- The Philadelphia Flyers aren’t having too good a season on the goaltending front. Starter Carter Hart is having a hard time keeping the puck out of the back of the net, and backup Brian Elliot is not doing much better. In the Flyers last game, Hart let in four goals against sixteen shots.
- Letting goals through wouldn’t be as much of a problem if the offense was scoring consistently, which Philadelphia also seems to be struggling with. Travis Konecny is probably their best shot at putting some numbers on the board. So far this season, Konecny has recorded three goals and five assists.
So, all this said, our betting predictions for Vegas Golden Knights at Philadelphia Flyers is as follows:
- Moneyline – we expect Vegas to win this game. So far, the Golden Knights have performed pretty well this season with Fleury undoubtedly leading the team to some big results. They already picked up a big victory in Pittsburgh; they just need to clear the Flyers to make a big sweep of Pennsylvania.
- Puck Line – we’d go for a -1.5 line. We think that if Hart keeps up with his questionable performances (which seems kind of likely), it will be easy for Vegas to get on the scoreboard.
Kim’s NHL Record so far: 12-14
Vegas Golden Knights at Philadelphia Flyers Odds
Find the Best Odds Here
Read the latest NHL betting news here:
- St. Louis Blues at Toronto Maple Leafs Preview, Predictions & Odds
- Chicago Blackhawks vs Philadelphia Flyers Preview, Prediction & Odds