Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 6 Preview, Predictions, Picks & Odds – World Series
The World Series has been filled with surprises, and the Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 6 is sure to bring many more. The series began with the Nationals taking a good two game lead, and embarrassing the Astros in Houston in Game 2, after walking away with 12-3 win. But then the Astros came back with a vengeance and took three straight games to take the lead. They also responded to their terrible Game 2 defeat by giving the Nationals a few reasons to hold their heads in shame themselves.
Game 5 saw the Houston Astros made favorites to win the World Series once more. A good performance by Gerrit Cole (who is pretty much guaranteed a potential record-breaking contract next season) secured the Astros the win. There are a lot of questions going into Game 6, with a lot of different factors making it very hard to make predictions (but we’ll try to anyway).
Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 6 Predictions
Before we get into the prediction making, here are some facts and stats for Game 6 you should keep in mind:
- The Nationals are set to start Stephen Strasburg who has had an absolutely amazing postseason. His record stands at 4-0 and he currently has a 1.93 ERA. He last start was in Game 2 against the Astros, which saw him give up two earned runs in six innings. Overall, the Nationals are 25-12 when Strasburg starts at the mound.
- The Astros will be starting Justin Verlander, who also played in Game 2. Unlike Strasburg, he has been rather disappointing this postseason posting a record of 1-3 with a 4.15 ERA. In his last game, he gave up four earned runs in six innings. Overall, the Astros are 26-13 this season with Verlander starting at the mound.
- Alex Bergman was the only Astros hitter who was able to scrap off a home run against Nationals pitcher Strasburg, which does not bode well for the team.
- The Nationals have an away record of 49-39 on the road, whereas the Astros were the best home team in the league this season with a record 65-24. That said, both the Yankees and the Nationals were able to sneak past wins against the Astros at home.
So, with all that said, here are our predictions for Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 6:
- Moneyline – we think the Washington Nationals may still have a good chance to win the World Series. Despite three straight losses against the Astros, the Nationals have proven that they have what it takes to pull big victories off against them. Strasburg is also a very strong starter, which the Astros’ hitters really struggled against. In addition, Verlander just hasn’t been consistent since postseason started. Take the Nationals.
Kim’s MLB Postseason Prediction Record so far: 6-4.
Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 6 Odds
Get the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest MLB betting news here:
- Houston Astros at Washington Nationals Game 3 Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds 10/25/19 – World Series
- Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 2 Preview, Predictions & Odds – World Series
- Washington Nationals at Houston Astros Game 1 Preview, Predictions, Picks & Odds – World Series
- Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 5 Preview, Picks, Predictions & Odds
- Houston Astros at New York Yankees Game 4 Preview, Prediction & Odds