Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings Week 8 Predictions, Picks & Odds 10/24/19
Recently updated on October 23rd, 2019
We’re close to the halfway point of the NFL regular season, and clear favorites and failures have been made apparent. Week 8 will see one favorite take on a failure with the Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings for a good NFC clash. As already alluded to, both teams are having very different seasons. The Redskins come into the game with a record of 1-6, pretty much failing to perform in every game they play. They aren’t coming off a particularly bad week as their loss against the only undefeated team in the NFC – the 49ers – wasn’t too terrible.
On the other side, the Minnesota Vikings seem to be having a season in which they just keep getting better. Quarterback Kirk Cousins has worked on improving his game since the team’s defeat against the Chicago Bears, and it seems to have paid off. The team is coming off a big victory against the Detroit Lions in which they were able to score six touchdowns. Is the prediction really going to be as straightforward as it seems?
Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings Predictions
Well, here are some things you should keep in mind about the Redskins and Vikings before deciding on your bet:
- As previously mentioned, the Redskins have only notched up one victory this whole season, and it was against the worst team in the league this year – the Miami Dolphins. On the other side, the Vikings are having a good season, having posted a record of 5-2 so far.
- Kirk Cousins is coming off a phenomenal performance against the Detroit Lions, where he managed to throw for 337 yards and four touchdowns. His total rating at the end of the game was 141.4.
- Case Keenum didn’t really manage to do much for the Redskins in their game against the 49ers. While he mustered a completion rate of .75, he was only able to gain 75 yards for his team.
- Although the Redskins offense proved to be pretty dreadful against the 49ers in their last game, the team’s defense was able to limit the 49ers to just three field goals. It is important to take this with a grain of salt though; the weather conditions for the game were terrible and the 49ers don’t have as strong an offense as their defense.
- Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen is projected to be out for Thursday’s matchup. Thielen has had some pretty big games for the team so far, scoring six touchdowns. The offense is sure to feel this blow.
So, with all this stated, here are our predictions for Week 8’s Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings matchup:
- Moneyline – we wouldn’t waste money on making this bet as the odds are so heavily in favor of the Vikings, and rightfully so if you ask us. But if you are keen on adding it to a parlay just to increase the odds, we do believe that the Vikings are going to win here.
- Spread – we know that the Vikings have got a good defensive unit, and Cousins seems to stepped up his game since Thielen spoke up against his poor performances. The Redskins also haven’t exactly given stellar offensive performances, which is why we like the look of a -16.5 Vikings line.
Kim’s NFL Prediction Record so far: 24-15 (Parlays: 0-2)
Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings Odds
Find the Best Odds Here
Check out the latest NFL betting news here:
- New England Patriots at New York Jets Predictions, Picks & Betting Odds
- Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills Picks, Predictions & Odds
- Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds
- Minnesota Vikings At Detroit Lions Picks, Predictions & Betting Odds
- Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys Preview, Predictions & Betting Odds