What Type of Slot Machines Pay the Best?
Some people play slots because they want to have fun but most to win big cash prizes. And so, many players look to give themselves some sort of edge when playing slot machine games. One way some players have looked to do so is through looking to play the slot machines that pay the best.
This is a pretty ambiguous statement. There are two ways in which this statement can be interpreted. Players could be looking for the game that pays the most money or rather the game that pays out on the most frequent basis.
Well, regardless of what you intend when asking this question, we provide answers to both interpretations below. We also offer some advice to keep in mind when picking a game to play. Remember that the game you choose to play will vary greatly based on your intentions as a player. So, let’s get into it.
What Slot Games Pay the Most Money (in Total Sum)?
If you are looking to play slot games that give you an opportunity to win millions of dollars at a time, you need to play progressive jackpot slots. These games give players the chance to become instant millionaires with a single spin.
While being loaded for life seems like a pretty big reason to rush towards playing these games, progressive jackpot games do have some drawbacks. Here are some to keep in mind:
- It is incredibly hard to win a progressive jackpot. Payout percentages are much lower on these games. In addition, the chances of you being the jackpot winner are quite similar to those you face when playing the lottery. There is a chance it could happen, but it probably won’t.
- These aren’t usually games for players with a small bankroll. One spin may cost a player several dollars, and this is not what you want to hear when your funds are limited to a small amount like $100. In such a situation, if a spin costs $5, you have twenty spins until you are at the end of your play session.
If you are looking to play slot games with big jackpots, we recommend trying out:
- Megasaur (Realtime Gaming)
- Mega Moolah (Microgaming)
- Good Girl Bad Girl (Betsoft)
- Aztec’s Millions (Realtime Gaming).
What Slot Games Pay the Best (Frequency)?
If you are looking for regular wins rather than rare big prizes, we recommend looking for slots with low volatility and high return to player percentage (RTP). We recommend that players play games with a payout percentage of 97% or higher.
The major drawback of these slots is the inverse of progressive jackpot games. Players win on a more regularly but don’t win as much. Take Aztec’s Millions, a progressive jackpot game with a prize of $3 919 987 at the moment. Now, compare this to the big prize in the Cleopatra’s Gold, a high RTP game, which caps out at $2 701. Which prize is sweeter? It is quite obviously that of Aztec’s Millions, but you have a much lower chance of winning it.
If you are looking to play games with a high RTP, we recommend trying out the following:
- Cleopatra’s Gold (Realtime Gaming)
- Good Girl Bad Girl (Betsoft)
- Paydirt (Realtime Gaming)
- Guns N Roses (NetEnt)
Play Online and Win
If you’re itching to try your luck on some slots with a good RTP or big progressive jackpot prize, have a look at the wide range of games at our recommended casinos.