Wolves vs Arsenal Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/4/20
The English Premier League continues as we enter the 33rd match week with a big game seeing Wolves vs Arsenal. Although Liverpool has already won the league, there is still a lot to play for in the way of UEFA Champions League spots and so on.
Wolves enter the game in 6th position and on level points as 5th placed Manchester United. Less than three points separate these two teams and third-placed Leicester City, meaning that both could still see themselves playing in the biggest competition in Europe next year.
Although a lot would have to go right for Arsenal to maintain the chance of qualifying for the Champions League, the team still needs to fight to keep a Europa League spot. Both Tottenham and Burnley trail behind them by a single point, which really means that the team needs to keep the wins going. But who is favored in this one?
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Arsenal Predictions
Well, before we get into the actual predictions, let’s have a look at some of the stats:
- Wolves come into this one on a three-game winning streak since the season restarted. Thus far, their opposition has only included teams that are fighting against relegation, such Aston Villa, Bournemouth, and West Ham. Arsenal will be a real test for the team’s true form.
- Since being promoted to the Premier League in 2018, Wolves have become one of the top-performing sides. This is mainly due to quality players such as Raul Jimenez, Ruben Neves, and Adama Traore. The team continues to show that it is a side to be reckoned with by getting big wins against traditional Champions League teams.
- Arsenal have really struggled to be consistent since returning from the break. In their last five, they have gone 3-3. However, they do enter this game on a three-game winning streak, with there last game seeing them put four goals past Norwich. (But getting a big win over Norwich is kind of expected these days.)
- Arsenal has got some quality players scattered throughout their squad. However, it seems that the team is not outfitted enough to continuously play at a high-level, which is precisely why they suffered a 4-0 defeat against Manchester City when the likes of Sergio Agüero came on to the pitch.
- Head-to-head, Arsenal has the advantage. In the 97 times that these two teams have met, Arsenal has won 45 times, whereas Wolves has won 26 times. The last five games have seen three draws and one win apiece.
This is a hard one because both teams are midtable teams and still have a lot to play for this season. Sportsbooks are favoring Wolves to take this one, and we think rightfully so. Arsenal has continually struggled against teams on better form, and Wolves seem to be trying hard to make it into the Champions League next season.
The moneyline on Wolves will still pay out well. A second option for this one is the under 2.5 line too. Even if the game ends in a draw, we don’t think that either of these two teams will score more than a single goal.