Fantasy basketball betting is for bettors who love plenty of action. It’s challenging, yet very rewarding. However, it does not differ from how other fantasy sports are played. Fantasy basketball betting is essentially building basketball teams and getting rewarded by sports bookmakers based on those the players’ real performances on the court. With the ever-growing popularity of basketball leagues like the NBA, interest in fantasy basketball leagues are at an all-time high.
If you’ve never wagered on fantasy sports or fantasy basketball specifically, this page will help get you started by teaching you all you need to know. Below we have got information regarding how this fantasy sport works, how to play, as well as some NBA fantasy tips, along with so much more. So, read on and learn more about online fantasy basketball betting in the US.
Best Fantasy Basketball Sites 2019
Looking to find the best NBA fantasy game? Well, look no further! The sites listed down below should help you find your desired fantasy league betting option. With so many great bonuses, you are guaranteed to have a great time playing online.
Sports Betting.ag Online
What You’ll Find In Our Fantasy Basketball Guide
Fantasy basketball betting is nothing more than a daily game in which friends, colleagues and strangers compete over on the web. During the match days, bettors will come across a set of fixtures where they need to choose their fantasy players. And, that is how the contest begins. The fun part of daily fantasy basketball betting in the US is that you do not have to wait until the season has ended to win a tournament.
Players can scoop real money wins daily – hence why it is called daily fantasy basketball. So, once players have completed picking their squad members, they will compete against other teams. There are several ways to do this but based on all other fantasy basketball leagues. More so, the best sites allow USA players to build their teams without any restrictions of a salary cap.
- Bettors must recruit eight players each game day.
- Rosters need to include players from at least two teams and two separate games.
- Each roster has to have three guards, three forwards, one center and a utility player.
- Specific in-game actions count as your player’s score or lose points.
- Blocks and interceptions earn the player defensive points.
- Baskets, successful three-point shots, rebounds and assists earn your player offensive points.
- In some instances, players that hit double digits in two categories in one game get hefty bonuses. However, only one player gets the bonus.
The exact scoring rules for daily fantasy basketball may vary from fantasy betting website to website. But here is a standard list of how these rules usually go:
- Each point scored = 1 fantasy point.
- Rebound = 1.25 points.
- Assist = 1.5 points.
- Block = 2 points.
- Steal = 2 points
- Turnover = -0.5 points
- 3 point made = 0.5 points
- Double-double = 1.5 points
- Triple-double = 3 points
Check out our other popular fantasy sports guides:
The formats for fantasy basketball betting are based on the number of participants and games, fee structure, prize pool, requirements to access the games and more. Bettors are allowed to play fantasy basketball for fun or real money.
If you are new to the game, we honestly recommend going with one of the many daily fantasy basketball leagues available to US bettors. These leagues require your attention only for a singular match day. This is opposed to season-long fantasy sports basketball options, which require players to remain attentive for months on end. Read on further to learn about how to play daily fantasy basketball games.
So, now you have an idea of what fantasy basketball gambling is and the rules involved. The next thing you want to learn is how to create an account. Well, that’s quite quick and easy. Below are the simple steps you need to follow when you want to sign up at the top fantasy basketball sites and start your fantasy basketball real money wagers.
- Choose a reputable sportsbook. (As a side tip, have a look at the best NBA fantasy apps available on the App and Google Play Stores. You are sure to find some good tracker apps.)
- Register for an account – Bettors will be required to provide basic personal information. But worry not; your information is protected by highly advanced encryption to ensure that no third party has access.
- Choose your preferred banking option – this is if you want to start playing for real money right away. Expect a really nice welcome bonus.
- Choose the best way to play fantasy basketball in your mind. This mean which league or kind of contest you want to take part in.
- Decide how many opponents you want to go against.
- Draft your team – you can start with checking the site’s scoring system so that you pick the best, valuable players.
- Follow the game and track your points – you can do this in real time using your mobile app or on the website.
- You win if your players out-perform your opponent’s team.
Let’s not lie now; most people come looking for these guides to find out how to get the best NBA fantasy players in their team, or at the very least, what the best way to draft in fantasy basketball is. Well, we can’t guarantee that we have all the answers to these questions but we can provide you with some NBA fantasy league tips that may give you a fighting chance the next time you sign up to join a league.
- Study Upcoming Match-Ups – a sound part of any good daily fantasy basketball strategy is to study upcoming match ups. Remember that most points come from offensive play as opposed to defensive play. Thus, you want to make sure to try on capitalize on situations where one team’s offensive line-up just destroys their opponent’s defense.
- Keep Up with Injury News – you need to make sure that you only include players that are playing in your line-up. Players can be included or excluded in real-life squads in a heartbeat. Make sure that you keep up with team line-ups going into the game to avoid including absent players in your team
- Follow the NBA – while this may seem like a stupid tip on the whole, it really isn’t. Many players make the mistake of thinking they know a lot about the league despite not keeping up with the latest games and scores. Make sure you take in as much information about the league as possible to create the best teams.
Continue checking our tips throughout the season to learn how to make the best fantasy basketball team. We constantly post NBA DFS tips in our blog. It may take a while but US gamblers can master building NBA fantasy team lineups.
There are several fantasy basketball leagues you can bet on for fun. Here are some of the popular channels do so:
- Yahoo Fantasy Basketball
- ESPN Fantasy Basketball
- CBS Fantasy Basketball