Online lottery games are probably the most popular form of gambling in the United States. Whether you are scratching off some numbers on a ticket for your local state lottery, or accessing an online portal to play lottery games in a country across the world, these games are exceedingly popular with US players, promise big prizes and are very easy to play. Overall, most popular lotteries just follow standard keno rules, and while some offer players the chance to become instant billionaires, all games are extremely difficult to win!
If you would like to learn more about playing lottery games online in the United States, make sure to keep on reading. On this page, we have created the ultimate online lotto guide. We have a look at how to play lottery games, the types of games available at US online gambling sites, and provide tips and tricks to keep in mind when picking numbers, among many other things. So, read on, and begin winning millions of dollars now!
Play Lottery Games Online Here in 2019
Looking to play some good lottery-style games online in the United States? Well, have a look at the casinos listed below. Each has got a load of lottery games available, including classics like Keno and Bingo:
What You’ll Find In Our Online Lottery Guide
- How to Play Online Lotteries
- Top Online Lottery Games at US Casino Sites
- Best Online Lottery Tips & Tricks
- Popular US Lotteries
- History of Lottery Games
- Lotteries Online USA FAQs
Most people know how to play lottery games at online casinos. If you are somewhat unsure though, we’ve got a quick guide detailing how to play here:
- Choose your game – pick a lottery game you would like to play. This could be anything from a state or national run lottery game, or a game available at a casino site.
- Choose your numbers – select the numbers you would like to bet on. You can do this through using quick pick services or by picking your own numbers.
- Wait for the numbers to be drawn – wait patiently until the lottery draw is due to take place. If you are playing keno at an online casino, you really won’t have to wait long.
- Find out if you have won – check your slip and find out whether you have won any cash prizes. Most games have multiple prizes available to players depending on how many numbers they correctly guessed.
- Play again – if you are unsuccessful, why not try again?
Generally, US casino sites tend to offer two popular types of lottery casino games to players: bingo and keno. We have a look of each of these options here:
- Bingo – this is one of the most popular gambling games ever created (so, popular in fact, that most people don’t even directly associate it with gambling.) Basically, players have the choice of playing a load of different bingo games online. It is important that games differ based on how many balls are involved in the game or the patterns you need to create on your board. Playing is easy – all you need to do is place your bet, get your card and wait for the caller to begin reading out numbers until someone creates the pre-determined pattern with their board. The great thing about playing online is that all of the numbers are automatically marked off for you.
- Keno – is more of a traditional online lottery game, and most players are usually very familiar with what is required of them as state lotteries are generally just variations of keno games. Basically, players collect a ticket, mark off numbers from a selection that could include anything from 30 to 80 numbers, and then win prizes based on how many numbers they correctly guess. The more numbers you get right, the more you win. But do keep in mind that this is a very difficult game to win.
There is no sure way to win a lottery game. Anyone who claims that they have a foolproof strategy is lying to you, and you should not heed their advice or give them money if they ask for it. Lottery games tend to be just different variations of keno, and there is no way to accurately predict an outcome unless a game is rigged.
However, that said, there are a few general truths about the game that could perhaps help you pick winning numbers one day. Thus, we advise players to keep the following in mind when picking numbers:
- Number Frequency – it is true that some numbers come up more frequently than others in lotto games. These numbers are called hot numbers. We recommend that you spend some time tracking the numbers of the lottery you would like to win. That way, you can see which numbers have been appearing more frequently on a recent basis. We aren’t saying that if you pick the numbers that appear most frequently, you’ll win, but stats suggest there is a higher chance of doing so.
- Pooling/Syndicates – if you combine your funds to play the lottery with other players, you can purchase more tickets. This means more opportunities to win. The obvious drawback of this though is that you’ll have to share your winnings with other people if you do win.
- Avoid Choosing Birthday Numbers – yes, they may seem like your lucky numbers, but if you only choose numbers between one and 31 in a game that has got eighty numbers, you limit yourself from picking 49 other numbers.
The great thing about living in the United States is that there is no shortage of lottery games available to players. Some of the biggest games that have paid out absolutely insane amounts of money include the following:
- US Powerball – this is by far the biggest lottery game in the country. It is available in 44 states and has a minimum jackpot of US$40 million, but has reached as much as US$1.537 billion in the past. Although players have 1 in 292201338 chance of winning, who can pass up an opportunity to become an instant billionaire by purchasing a US$3 ticket?
- Mega Millions – this lottery game is up there with Powerball in terms of size and scope. It is also available in 44 states and has also given away a jackpot that was worth more than a billion dollars in the past. As with Powerball, the minimum jackpot is set at US$40 million. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 to 302575350.
- Lucky for Life – this game is available in 25 states in total, and has a max jackpot of US$5750000, which is still a pretty penny. Players also face much better odds of winning this prize than with the two previously mentioned games at 1 in 30821472. (It’s still very hard to win though.)
- Cash4Life – available in nine states, Cash4Life offers players the chance to win a massive US$7000000 grand prize. The odds of winning this grand prize are even lower than that of Lucky for Life despite the bigger prize as they sit at 1 in 21846048.
The first lottery games are alleged to have made an appearance sometime in 205 BC in China. The games, which were very similar to modern-day Keno, were used as a fundraising effort to help finance big governmental projects, with one popular example being the Great Wall of China.
Sometime later, very similar games also started to make an appearance within the Roman Empire, first in the form of a dinner party game, and then in the same way they were being used in China – as a method to collect revenue to fund state projects.
There is also evidence of lottery games having existed in medieval Europe, with municipalities in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Italy all having records of lottery-styles games being played in the 15th century. (In fact, there is even a lottery game very similar to bingo that has been played in Italy for centuries.)
From this period, the lottery games spread across Europe, eventually making its way to the United States, when the country was still a colony of the United States. Later, when the US would go on to initiate their war for independence, Benjamin Franklin would famously start a lottery to raise funds for the war effort.
Lotteries have only grown in popularity since then, becoming a natural feature of pretty much every state government’s revenue sources. Nowadays, you can play several different lottery games in many states across the United States, including a number of state-exclusive and multi-state games. Some games even now give players the chance to become instant billionaires.
It may be very difficult to win the lottery, but US players really have nothing to lose while playing it.
Check out our other casino game guides:
Can I buy lottery tickets online?
Yes, it is possible to buy online lottery tickets in the United States. It does, however, depend on which state you live in, and the online gambling laws in place there, as well as whether a lottery game with an online option is available there.
What is the best online lottery site?
If you are searching to play some top lottery games online, we really recommend that you take a good look at the casinos we have listed above. Each has got some great lottery games available to players with big jackpots, such as bingo and keno.
Are online lottery tickets legit?
Yes, they are. Make sure that you use approved channels to purchase lottery tickets online though. Some lotteries may have their own apps or websites that US players are able to purchase through.
Which lottery is the easiest to win?
In terms of the easiest lottery to win worldwide, the Polish Mini Lotto is the easiest to win with odds of winning set at 1 in 850668. In terms of US lotteries, we recommend playing Cash4Life or your state lottery if you’re looking for easier odds.
What is the luckiest lottery number?
This is widely dependent on the game, but for Powerball the numbers 26, 16, 41, 32, and 28 have come up most frequently, and for Mega Millions 17, 31, 2, 39, 4 and 20 have come up the most.
Do quick picks ever win the lottery?
Yes! In fact, if stats and research into this area are true, more players with quick pick tickets win than those who select the numbers themselves. So, next time you play a lottery game, do yourself a favor and abandon those birthday numbers, and let the machine pick for you.