Although currently only seven states in the USA sell online lottery tickets, it is a concept that many are considering expanding too. While it may take some time for more states to launch online lotteries, various gambling sites provide players with the opportunity to play in lottery games (including scratch cards and bingo) taking place around the world. These games are extremely popular because they promise big prizes and are so easy to play. After all, how many games give you the opportunity of becoming an instant millionaire?
If you would like to find out more about playing lottery games online, make sure to keep on reading. On this page, we have created the ultimate online lotto guide. We have a look at how to play lottery games, the types of games available at online gambling sites, and provide tips and tricks to keep in mind when picking numbers, among many other things. So, read on, and begin winning millions of dollars now!
Online Lottery Links
- Play Lottery Games Online
- How to Play Lottery Online
- Top Online Lottery Games
- Best Online Lottery – Tips & Tricks
- Popular US Lotteries
- Online Lottery Legal – States
- History of Lotto Games
- USA Lottery Online: FAQs
Most people know how to play lottery games at online casinos. If you are somewhat unsure though, we’ve got a quick guide detailing how to play here:
- Choose your game – pick a game you would like to play. This could be a state or national run game or a game available at a casino site.
- Choose your numbers – select the numbers you would like to bet on. You can do this through using quick pick services or by picking your own numbers.
- Wait for the numbers to be drawn – wait patiently until the lottery draw is due to take place. If you are playing keno at a casino site, you really won’t have to wait long.
- Find out if you have won – check your slip and find out whether you have won any cash prizes. Most games have multiple prizes available to players depending on how many numbers they guessed correctly.
- Play again – if you are unsuccessful, why not try again?
Generally, US casino sites tend to offer two popular types of lottery casino games to players: bingo and keno. We have a look of each of these options here:
- Bingo – is one of the most popular gambling games ever created (so, popular in fact, that most people don’t even directly associate it with gambling). Players have the choice of playing a variety of bingo games online. These games differ based on how many balls are used and the patterns you need to create on your board. Playing is easy – all you need to do is place your bet, get your card and wait for the caller to begin reading out numbers until someone creates the pre-determined pattern on their board. The great thing about playing online is that all of the numbers are marked off for you automatically.
- Keno – is more of a traditional online lottery game, and most players are usually very familiar with what is required of them in games. Generally, state lotteries are variations of keno games. Players collect a ticket, mark off numbers from a selection that could include anything from 30 to 80 numbers. They win prizes based on how many numbers they guess correctly. The more numbers you get right, the more you win. But do keep in mind that this is a very difficult game to win.
Free Online Lottery for Real Money
Some casinos offer players the chance to play casino games, such as keno for free using a no deposit bonus. Although this bonus usually provides players with a very small amount of money to gamble with, you do get a chance to win and add to your winnings.
There is no sure way to win a lottery game. Anyone who claims that they have a failproof strategy is lying to you, and you should not heed their advice or give them money if they ask for it. There is no way to accurately predict the outcome of a game unless it is rigged.
However, that said, there are a few general truths about the game that could perhaps help you pick winning numbers one day. Thus, we advise players to keep the following in mind when picking numbers:
- Number Frequency – it is true that some numbers come up more frequently than others in lotto games. These are called hot numbers. We recommend that you spend some time tracking the numbers of the lottery you would like to win. That way, you can see which numbers have been appearing more frequently in recent games. We aren’t saying that if you pick the numbers that appear most frequently, you’ll win. However, stats suggest there is a higher chance of it happening.
- Pooling/Syndicates – if you combine your lottery funds with that of other players, you can purchase more tickets. This means more opportunities to win. The drawback of this strategy is that you’ll have to share your winnings with other people if you do win.
- Avoid Choosing Birthday Numbers – yes, they may seem like your lucky numbers, but if you only choose numbers between one and 31 in a game that has got eighty numbers, you limit yourself from picking 49 other numbers. Some numbers that appear after 31 are definitely hot numbers.
There is no shortage of lottery games in the United States. Some of the games that have paid out absolutely insane amounts of money include the following:
- US Powerball – this is by far the biggest lottery game in the country. It is available in 44 states and has a minimum jackpot of US$40 million, but has reached as much as US$1.537 billion in the past. Although players have 1 in 292201338 chance of winning the online Powerball lottery, who is going to pass up an opportunity to become an instant billionaire?
- Mega Millions – this lottery game is up there with Powerball in terms of size and scope. It is also available in 44 states and has also given away a jackpot that was worth more than a billion dollars in the past. As with Powerball, the minimum jackpot is set to US$40 million. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 to 302575350.
- Lucky for Life – this game is available in 25 states in total, and has a max jackpot of US$5750000, which is still a pretty penny. Players also face much better odds of winning this prize than with the two previously mentioned games at 1 in 30821472. (Clearly, it is still very hard to win.)
- Cash4Life – available in nine states, Cash4Life offers players the chance to win a massive US$7000000 grand prize. The odds of winning this grand prize are even lower than that of Lucky for Life despite the bigger prize as they sit at 1 in 21846048.
There are slightly more than a handful of states that allow residents to buy lottery tickets online. Although not many states have legalized online lottery games quite yet, there are a number that are currently working to legalize them in future.
If you live in a state that has not legalized online lottery games as of yet, fret not as there are some options available to you. There are many casino sites that offer players the chance to play keno games with good jackpots. If that doesn’t interest you, there are also sites that allow players to buy tickets in lotteries around the world.
States with Online Lottery Sales
Currently, the following states allow players to buy lottery tickets online:
- Illinois Lottery
- New Hampshire
- Texas Lottery
The first lottery games are alleged to have made an appearance sometime in 205 BC in China. The games, which were very similar to modern-day Keno, were used as a fundraising effort to help finance big governmental projects. One popular example is the Great Wall of China.
Sometime later, very similar games started to make an appearance in the Roman Empire. First they appeared as a dinner party game, and then they were used in the same way they were in China – as a method to collect revenue to fund state projects.
There is also evidence of lottery games having existed in medieval Europe, with municipalities in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Italy all having records of similar games that were played in the 15th century. (In fact, there is even a game very similar to bingo that has been played in Italy for centuries.)
From this period onwards, lottery games spread across Europe, eventually making its way to the United States, when the country was still a colony of the United Kingdom. Later, when the US initiated its war for independence, Benjamin Franklin would famously start a lottery to raise funds for the war effort.
Lotteries have only grown in popularity since then, becoming a natural feature of pretty much every state government’s revenue sources. Nowadays, you can play several lottery games in many states across the United States, including a number of state-exclusive and multi-state games. Some games even give players the chance to become instant billionaires.
It may be very difficult to win the lottery, but players really have nothing to lose while playing it, especially given the cheap prices of tickets.
Check out our other casino game guides:
Yes, it is possible to buy online lottery tickets in the United States.
Yes, it is. As long as you use approved channels to purchase lottery tickets online, you shouldn’t have an issue. Some states have their own apps or websites that allow players to purchase tickets.
In terms of the easiest lottery to win worldwide, the Polish Mini Lotto is the easiest to win with odds of winning set at 1 in 850668. In terms of US lotteries, we recommend playing Cash4Life or your state lottery if you’re looking for better odds.
If you are searching to play some top lottery games online, we really recommend that you take a good look at the casinos we have listed above. Each has got some great lottery games available to players with big jackpots, such as bingo and keno.
This is widely dependent on the game, but for Powerball the numbers 26, 16, 41, 32, and 28 have come up most frequently, and for Mega Millions 17, 31, 2, 39, 4 and 20 have come up the most.
Yes! In fact, if stats and research into this area are true, more players with quick pick tickets win than those who select the numbers themselves. So, next time you play online lottery games for real money, do yourself a favor and abandon those birthday numbers, and let the machine pick for you.